Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power

Options
  • 26-05-2007 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I'm just trying to figure out if my current power supply will be ok for my new rig.

My PSU is not a known quality brand. The wattage is quiet high (500w I think), which I know doesn't mean much with ****ty brands, but it has given me no problems so far.

Are there any tests/programs or anything I should try before buying? Or should I just get something decent and scrap the one I have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

What brand is your current power supply ?

What parts are going to be in your new rig ? Are you going to get any of the latest graphics cards ?
    If so you will need a decent power supply , but cant say what you'll need until you post a parts list and what you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well its a Jeantech 400w. I've decided just to get a new one. Ah well...

Advertisement