Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher Repair

Options
  • 26-05-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I'm one of those guys that will try to repair things myself first, I have taken my upright Karcher 480 apart, no big deal, found the problem, however, in the motor drive mechanism there is a eccentric cam which operates the valves. All around this cam there is a mixture of GUNK, I'm not sure what this is, I imagine it is a grease of some sort that has mixed with the water, but before I put it all back together I would like to know if this is a special mixture or just ordinary grease. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Regards Jemser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I had a problem with a German made Chainsaw recently ..... similar situation ... the failed component was covered in what appeared to be some sort of gunk/grease ..... I ordered a spare and guess what? ..... the spare arrived with a nice big lump of gunk on it, in exactly the same location .... :)

I thought that was a nice touch ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

If its a cam running on a follower, chances are it will need some sort of lubrication. If you have any queries, might be worth a call to PWP - think they have a freephone number.

Advertisement