Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long does it take??

Options
  • 26-05-2007 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

hey there, i failed my driving test in the last week of march and applied for another one the same day. I had been waitinga little under a year for the first test to come around but was wondering if there is any cahnce it will come around quicker the second time:o

I got my dad to send in an employers letter with his companies header on it about a week after i applied, 29th of march to be exact, and still no word from them. he sent another yesterday so it should be there sometime next week but its urgent now. any advice for me before i start to panic??:eek:

ive tried ringing the 1890406040 number, and just keep ending up getting put on hold no matter what time i ring at, lose my patience and hang up. is it normal to be left on the line this long?

thanks a mil

p-nut

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What you need to do is get the name of the person you're speaking to (if you ever get through), then send the letter directly to that person.

I assume when you sent the letter, you included your reference number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

haha, of course i sent my refernce number. gave everything barr credit card details.

the problem is, when i ring i dont get through to anybody, just a stupid music player thing. ill try waiting a little longer next time and see if anyone does answer.

thanks a mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

with the employers letter i got it in 4 weeks, did you include the company's VAT number??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Actually, how long did it take to get the letter with the reference number?

i applied online so they sent me the e-mail with all my details straight away. vat number? why did you send that? to prove its actually a company??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Nearly everyone's sending in employer's letters these days so you need to ring and push them after you send it in. It generally takes about 2 hours of being on hold before you get put through unfortunately.

Its a long story but my dad got thru EVENTUALLY, kicked up a fuss, and they changed my application from finglas to navan instead and said they would put urgent on the letter as soon as it arrived in the door. hopefully it comes in the next few weeks. thanks for the opinions everyone.

hav another few questions tho, im not familiar with navan but am fairly confident that im a good driver now, and kno wat the testers are looking for. should i still do a few pre-tests??

also, i will have to get a half day from work, would they think im trying too hard to make a good impression if i turn up wearing a suit.

finally, im getting a new car, which i wil be insured in from the 1st of july. does the car you turn up in have any impact on the testers opinion? like if i turn up in my mam's brand new mazda 6 would i look like a yuppie, or if i turn up in my saxo vts wil i look like a boy racer??

sorry for the 21 questions, i just REALLY need to pass this test, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

p-nut wrote:
    hav another few questions tho, im not familiar with navan but am fairly confident that im a good driver now, and kno wat the testers are looking for. should i still do a few pre-tests??

Yeah you should do.
    p-nut wrote:
    also, i will have to get a half day from work, would they think im trying too hard to make a good impression if i turn up wearing a suit.

They're supposed to be assessing you on your driving, not your choice of clothes.
    p-nut wrote:
    finally, im getting a new car, which i wil be insured in from the 1st of july. does the car you turn up in have any impact on the testers opinion? like if i turn up in my mam's brand new mazda 6 would i look like a yuppie, or if i turn up in my saxo vts wil i look like a boy racer??

Turn up in whatever car you're used to driving in. People pass their tests dressed in tracksuits and driving Honda Civics.

cool, thanks a million, and apologies for the ridiculous questions. its just that a few friends of mine, some that have passed and some that have failed all recommend renting a learning school car to do it in cos they didnt wanna seem like yuppies turnin up in parents bmws or volvos etc.

Advertisement