Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone starting to get nervous?

Options
  • 26-05-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Yeah I don't want to be freaking anyone out(apologies if I do) but has anyone reached the butterflys in the stomach stage yet? I genuinely thought I was going to be sick a few minutes ago!:o *Regrets excessive time spent in pub.*:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

dan719 wrote:
    Yeah I don't want to be freaking anyone out(apologies if I do) but has anyone reached the butterflys in the stomach stage yet? I genuinely thought I was going to be sick a few minutes ago!:o *Regrets excessive time spent in pub.*:eek:

When do the exams start.I have 3 college exams on monday and i am ****ting it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

dan719 wrote:
    Whenever I think of the amount of work that needs to be done between now and Wednesday week I feel a strange pins and needles sensation.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

A few generous tablespoons of Benylin with codeine will make that sick feeling just disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Hasn't hit me yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

i wish it would hit me , it might help me work harder then

• Advertisement

does anyone else feel like theyve done no work until now? im feeling that way:(

Well if your looking for sympathy you've come to the wrong place buddy.

awh well:D ,did just find this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4W_6u2KyL4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

Yep im feeling the nerves at four o clock in the morning EVERY MORNING! then when i wake to start the oul study Im perfectly stress free..so much so that it is impossible to focus !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

That is a little harsh cson, maybe s/he has done plenty of work but is feeling a little low. Don't worry you will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Pfft.Me?Nervous?Never.......

*Sips coffee and glances at essay plan on De Valera's dismantling of the treaty*
    *Feels guilty and worried*

dan719 wrote:
    That is a little harsh cson, maybe s/he has done plenty of work but is feeling a little low. Don't worry you will be fine.

Cson is a harsh person.

not sure if i should bring this up in this exact thread but after posting that youtube link, ive started thinking and im wondering are examsupport.ie deliberatly leaving fragments of their lessons on youtube to advertise themselves:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nope and it's not good, have got virtually nothing done the last 2 days :o

kurisu wrote:
    not sure if i should bring this up in this exact thread but after posting that youtube link, ive started thinking and im wondering are examsupport.ie deliberatly leaving fragments of their lessons on youtube to advertise themselves:mad:

I'd have thought thats quite obvious!

Thats becasue i made it easy for you to figure out cson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

cson wrote:
    I'd have thought thats quite obvious!

Me too haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

cson wrote:
    A few generous tablespoons of Benylin with codeine will make that sick feeling just disappear.
    Nah, cold water extraction from Neurofen+ ftw.

I suppose a shot a valium would help you too if you wanted to be really relaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Alcohol and lots of it :p

I kid, I'm feeling a bit nervous because I haven't opened a book since Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I am for my Irish Paper II as I'm pretty much screwed. Doesn't help the fact I'm doing my driving test directly after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Put these exams into perspective, and look at them for what they really are to calm yourself:)
    failing that, plenty of sleep.

Well I might as well go and practise a bit of yoga while I'm at it.

People who cry before their leaving cert should really get a good smack across the face. If you fail, woopdie do, you can always repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

nervous as f**k, but just over English...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sully88

Lads im a repeat ive done this all before and I can honestly tell ye as important the leaving is its not all its cracked up to be. And I found last year in the final week I got so much work done and that was probably due to the nerves. Like someone else is there is always the option of repeating if exams dont go your way. This year has gone so much quicker than when I first did it last year.
    Is anyone else thinking of doing civil and environmental engineering in UCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

md99 wrote:
    nervous as f**k, but just over English...

Really??? You've been saying for weeks that you're sick of studying and just can't wait to get it over with. And em, on that subject Mr Macbeth, I'm sure you'll do fine in English!

Getting kinda nervous myself now. I keep thinking there's no way in hell I'll get my course. Maybe if I er... got off the internet.....
    Madgal wrote:
    People who cry before their leaving cert should really get a good smack across the face. If you fail, woopdie do, you can always repeat.
    Little bit harsh?? Failing means putting yourself under the same pressure for yet another year, staying behind while all your friends go off to college, learning new courses etc etc. Leaving Cert causes unreal stress, crying is therapeutic and helps to relieve stress - so maybe give people a break? Failing may not be the end of the world, but it's not something to take lightly either.
    Hard luck with the Driving Test date btw

Still I heard of a story where with 15 mins left in Maths paper one this girl was just starting her last question, realised she wouldn't get it done, broke down crying, in hysterics etc.

Unknown to everyone another guy was also starting his last question with 15 mins left. In all the commotion it was 12:15 before they started collecting papers. That lad got the question done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Worst thing you can do is start to feel sorry for yourself. Tough **** like, most people in the country have to go through this. Use the fear of failing to get you studying if you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Rozabeez wrote:
    I'm feeling a bit nervous because I haven't opened a book since Wednesday.
    Same here....beginning to regret it!Damn graduation nights....and another all-nighter on Tuesday!Damn it I'm screwed!

• Advertisement

Little bit harsh?? Failing means putting yourself under the same pressure for yet another year, staying behind while all your friends go off to college, learning new courses etc etc. Leaving Cert causes unreal stress, crying is therapeutic and helps to relieve stress - so maybe give people a break? Failing may not be the end of the world, but it's not something to take lightly either.
    Hard luck with the Driving Test date btw

I don't personally care. It's ma opinion, and its your own fault if you haven't studied. If I fail, I don't really care, the leaving cert has plenty flaws in it. No problemo... Thanks for the words of encouragement for the driving test - makes me more motivated mwhahahahaha.

Advertisement