Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone starting to get nervous?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

md99 wrote:
    nervous as f**k, but just over English...
    I thought you were the LC board's resident English nerd? :p

Relax. If you're good at something you won't fúck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It's scary how not-nervous I am...I actually wish I was a bit nervous. Would push me to do something...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Selphie wrote:
    Really??? You've been saying for weeks that you're sick of studying and just can't wait to get it over with. And em, on that subject Mr Macbeth, I'm sure you'll do fine in English!

Macbeth Q is only 60 marks... ;)
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    I thought you were the LC board's resident English nerd? :p

Relax. If you're good at something you won't fúck it up.

Aye, I know what ye mean... I'm just nervous coz I WANT an A, and As in English depend on mood/condition in English as well as just knowing your stuff.... like..how you feel on the day, how tired you are, etc... so I'm nervous I'm not gonna sleep right the night before, or be sick on the day, or something...aghhh... hope the Rescue Remedy will pull me through! :(

The rest of the exams, I'm not really nervous about, just wanna do them and be free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Can anyone of us really call anyone else a nerd?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I never considered "nerd" a negative term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

md99 wrote:
    Aye, I know what ye mean... I'm just nervous coz I WANT an A, and As in English depend on mood/condition in English as well as just knowing your stuff.... like..how you feel on the day, how tired you are, etc... so I'm nervous I'm not gonna sleep right the night before, or be sick on the day, or something...aghhh... hope the Rescue Remedy will pull me through! :(

The rest of the exams, I'm not really nervous about, just wanna do them and be free!
    I wouldn't even worry about that. I had a bitch of a head cold for the mocks and still somehow got a B in it (which'd be pretty good for me).

I'd love an A in English, but I'm a bit weak on the comparitive study and too dependent on what poet comes up for it to be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

JC 2K3 wrote:

Neither do I. In fact it is a compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Got this from a dictionary:
    Nerd:
    1. a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
    2. an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.

It's quite mean isn't it!;) But then words evolve blah blah blah I'm a word nerd. The word pompous accompanies every remark my teacher makes on my answers and she once, in the middle of the class, said concise english is needed and not to go the examiner: "Oh look! I swallowed a dictionary." Everyone stared at me. Was really funny. You had to be there though...

As for the whole nervous thing, I've spent all day - literally - on this website. How sad. I wish I was nervous, it would push me to work but I feel confident enough that I'll get my points. I think nerves come out of focusing on what you don't know instead of realising the huge amount you do know.

I wouldn't even worry about that. I had a bitch of a head cold for the mocks and still somehow got a B in it (which'd be pretty good for me).

That's a little reassuring, thanks! At least I know it can be done....
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    Nor I, 'geek' however would prove rather offensive :rolleyes:

While we're on the subject, is anyone here considering dropping this board for the duration of the LC... and a bit before it? I reckon I have another day and I'm out.... It's for my own good I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

md99 wrote:
    While we're on the subject, is anyone here considering dropping this board for the duration of the LC... and a bit before it? I reckon I have another day and I'm out.... It's for my own good I think :)
    Hmmm.Interesting idea.....I guess I've become so addicted to it that to drop it never crossed my mind.I dunno.I study until 9 at night,then I come here so it doesn't waste my time....however the 'post match analysis' of the day's exams might be too much to handle.Only time will tell!

I'm gonna do it... At least cut down my internet time in a huge way, if I don't stay off completely...

Good luck to all of you guys....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only nervous about Maths. Mainly cos I had a **** day at the questions yesterday, easy stuff seemed impossible. I'm sure it'll work out, would love the honour, but the pass will do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

ah yeah, the brown trousers from cleary's are coming out now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jayne

yes a lil bit cos im the first one in my family (including mum dad n big brother)to do the leaving so i cant dissapoint!! why do i feel like im on my summer holidays? i havnt touched honours history yet :eek: does anyone hav some tips on how to study n concentrate? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Jayne wrote:
    yes a lil bit cos im the first one in my family (including mum dad n big brother)to do the leaving so i cant dissapoint!! why do i feel like im on my summer holidays? i havnt touched honours history yet :eek: does anyone hav some tips on how to study n concentrate? :D
    Drop. Especially if you haven't studied history. If you don't wanna drop, you could more or less learn the case studies off by heart and hope to jesus that the questions that come up're relatively easy.

Advertisement