Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I <3 3's USB modem

• 27-05-2007 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Bought one today.. after reading through initial comments here about some users seeing some bugs I was a little sceptical about getting one but after reading culabula and urban weigl's reports about it I figured that it was a pretty good buy...

Indeed it is... I've been getting full 3.6Mbps speed all day! Here's hoping nobody drops into my region ;) and roll on the 7.2Mbps...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Glad you're having a good experience with the service. Just be careful not to exceed the 10 GB cap. :)

I was testing the service all around Athlone today, and my speed never dropped below 1 Mbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

what the hell is a 3 modem??? ive heard so much but i dont have a clue what they do/are??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Edwordo

Steoob wrote:
    what the hell is a 3 modem??? ive heard so much but i dont have a clue what they do/are??

http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/datacards_e220.htm

it fits into your laptop and allows user to surf/download very quickly using the mobile phone network

it still explains hardly anything tho... like why does the 3gig version cost 39.99 when the 10gig version costs 19.99 and is it part of a tariff or is it stand alone? and do you have to be on pay monthly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Steoob wrote:
    it still explains hardly anything tho... like why does the 3gig version cost 39.99 when the 10gig version costs 19.99 and is it part of a tariff or is it stand alone? and do you have to be on pay monthly?

The 3Gb version is more expensive as it allows voice and text messaging and it also allow roaming. The 10Gb is purely for internet connectivity and it does not allow roaming onto any other network. Though to be honest it doesn't really make sense to me either why the 3Gb version is more expensive...

The initial cost of the new USB modem is €129 and €19.99 per month thereafter if you stay within the 10Gb cap... you do not need to be with 3 to purchase it - I have my mobile phone service provided by Vodafone.

• Advertisement

but... how can you get texts and voice if your not on 3? or is that just the 3gb version? i assume you dont need to be on contract if you get the 10gb version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think that voice and talk limitation on the 10 Gb package has got to do with using the USIM in a phone. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kevso

Is there any way of checking ho muc of the 10gb limit you have used apart from the screen that comes up at start up, it doesnt seem to be accurate on mine. I was hoping they would have something like say O2 have for checking how many minutes of you talk time you have used up?

Advertisement