Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint regarding Karl Hungus

Options
  • 27-05-2007 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

From this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055095173
    'Shut the **** up you dirty jew'
    That is a highly offensive picture Karl and moreso for me given that my wife is Jewish. Could you please remove that picture and cop yourself on.
    I have removed it, but I refuse to cop on.

I, personally, feel that the behaviour of Karl Hungus was unacceptable in this situation.

The original postiing of the picture was foolish, yet the quote above would suggest that he removed it as he knew it would be removed by someone else if not him, but yet still showed stubborness and "seemingly" refused to apologise.

I'm not offended by the picture, but I can see why BTB was, and am surprised he did not pursue this course of action.

I would expect Karl Hungus would have apologised, but if not I would ask him to do so (to BTB).

ish.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Did you report the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ish.

Ish? :confused:

Seriously though, BTB didn't ask for an apology, and he seemed content enough that I removed the said image.

So while I'm flattered that I got a complaint, is this really an issue? Do you really want an apology? If so...

mawg-sorry-730793.JPG

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

From this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055095173

I, personally, feel that the behaviour of Karl Hungus was unacceptable in this situation.

The original postiing of the picture was foolish, yet the quote above would suggest that he removed it as he knew it would be removed by someone else if not him, but yet still showed stubborness and "seemingly" refused to apologise.

I'm not offended by the picture, but I can see why BTB was, and am surprised he did not pursue this course of action.

I would expect Karl Hungus would have apologised, but if not I would ask him to do so (to BTB).

ish.
    You do realise you called me stupid less than an hour before you posted this thread?

I'd like to make a complaint about that. Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53321798&postcount=152.

;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Using such a phrase is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

circle the wagons, as usual .
    no point complaining about mods or trying to argue or reason with them.
    clique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

green123 wrote:
    circle the wagons, as usual .
    no point complaining about mods or trying to argue or reason with them.
    clique

Oh just shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

You do realise you called me stupid less than an hour before you posted this thread?

I'd like to make a complaint about that. Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53321798&postcount=152.

;_;

So what? Start a new thread about it.

It is true that mods come to one and other's aid when necessary. Your complaint should clearly not be in this thread, but in another one.

All it does is serve the purpose of trying to undermine my argument, which, I feel, is a pretty fair one.

Before even more mods coming rushing in, I got banned from the LC forum for calling people retarded. Siteban me if you wish, but it still should take nothing away from the point I'm making here, which is that a mod made a highly derogatory remark with no reprucussions.

And, before someone uses the defence that he removed it when asked, he still did it. If I call someone a dirty n****r and then delete it 10 minutes later, I still said it and should be punished.

ish.

And as for your "apology", could you respond in a more serious way? As the way you did it would seem to suggest you think this thread is a bit of a joke.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

So, how can you claim to be a great vindicator of people's rights when you go around breaking the rules all the time?

You may notice that there are no repurcussions for calling me stupid. That's me, personally - you attacked me, not a group to which I belong, or to which my wife/daugher/cat/fairy godmother belongs. Posting a picture that's supposed to be a joke about a fascist's dislike for Jews doesn't really need any remedy apart from removing it. That has been done.

It may have been offensive, but it wasn't directed at anyone personally.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Actually, he acted exactly as he should have done once the complaint about the picture was made. Apologies are a dangerous thing, especially if none was asked for.

I don't think he meant to stir any anti-semitic feeling. Borat has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

BRB, checking for suitable cat picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

060825moviesborathsmallnn0.jpg

Best I could come up with :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

british_view_of_irish.gif
    Shut the fucjk up you dirty irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hey! My family is Irish. Remove that offensive picture, NOW!

So, how can you claim to be a great vindicator of people's rights when you go around breaking the rules all the time?

1. I never claimed to be such a person.
    2. I don't go breaking rules all the time.
    You may notice that there are no repurcussions for calling me stupid.

But you see, perhaps there should be. And perhaps there may have been if I hadn't started this thread. I also believe that Feedback is a forum where it requires more to be banned than other forums, so that may also explain it.
    It may have been offensive, but it wasn't directed at anyone personally.

I like this one. If something is not directed at a particular group (which first of all, it blatantly was - Jews), then it's ok right? So what about the guy who made the joke about killing dogs in this thread. Let me guess, that's different.

You see, you take things out of context to suit yourself. You said "if it's a joke, shouldn't it be funny?", which to me is somewhat foolish, as humour is relative and what some people might find funny, other's might not. Therefore, that argument has no grounds and was merely there to add something to try and take away from the OP's argument.

Also, saying I break rules "all the time". Yesterday was the first time I've been banned/warned/anything. I've never had a problem with the "authority" on this site. If I remember correctly that is. So please, don't do that again.

EDIT: To laf and RB, is that some sort of tactic to derail the thread and remove what merit it may indeed have? Why post those pictures, surely threads in Feeback should be taken seriously, no? Those kind of things would be more suited to AH. I also noticed that Karl used those kind of pictures repeatedly in another Feedback thread. Why do it?

1. I never claimed to be such a person.
    2. I don't go breaking rules all the time.
    Twice in two days is about as "all the time" as I need to form that opinion thanks.
    But you see, perhaps there should be. And perhaps there may have been if I hadn't started this thread. I also believe that Feedback is a forum where it requires more to be banned than other forums, so that may also explain it.
    No, there wouldn't. I'm not a baby, and I don't get offended because someone on the internet tells me not to be an idiot. Especially when they're making a point that is factually untrue in the process.
    I like this one. If something is not directed at a particular group (which first of all, it blatantly was - Jews), then it's ok right?
    Funny, I don't remember saying it was ok. I do remember saying that since someone was offended, the remedy was to remove it. That was done, so your complaint is moot, at least in my humble opinion.
    So what about the guy who made the joke about killing dogs in this thread. Let me guess, that's different.
    I also don't remember agreeing with that ban. Just because I got involved with the OP doesn't mean I don't think that ban was slightly over the top.
    You see, you take things out of context to suit yourself.
    You're hardly one to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

I like this one. If something is not directed at a particular group (which first of all, it blatantly was - Jews), then it's ok right? So what about the guy who made the joke about killing dogs in this thread. Let me guess, that's different.

It is different. Posting a joke about killing dogs in a pet forum is not a clever thing to do and I can see the logic behind a ban there, just as I could see it if Karl had posted that image in the Jew forum (if there was one) he should also get banned for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Karl was asked to remove the picture he removed it.

Where's the problem here?

In fact no-one even asked for an apology, and he gave one anyway.

So where's the problem?

Beecher wrote:
    It is different. Posting a joke about killing dogs in a pet forum is not a clever thing to do and I can see the logic behind a ban there, just as I could see it if Karl had posted that image in the Jew forum (if there was one) he should also get banned for that.

To be entirely honest, I just googled "STFU" and posted as many different pictures as possible. I never set out to offend anyone, and the Hitler one came up by chance, so I removed it as soon as it became an issue. It was not my intention to offend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I demand a final solution to Karl Hungus. Onto the train with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Karl, you should have just said that you were quoting Cartman. Can't be blamed for that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Did you report the post?

I did.. because he took the picture down , then put it back up again.... he only removed it after it was reported, not when he was asked to....

seamus wrote:
    Karl, you should have just said that you were quoting Cartman. Can't be blamed for that. :)

Ok, I was quoting Cartman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I can't really see how this was an honest mistake when you post it twice.

Time line of what happened :

20-05-2007, 16:43
    Karl posts two pics of Hitler. One saying "Shut the **** up you dirty jew"

20-05-2007, 16:45
    BigTommyBomb posts "That is a highly offensive picture Karl and moreso for me given that my wife is Jewish. Could you please remove that picture and cop yourself on."

20-05-2007, 16:48
    Karl posts "I have removed it, but I refuse to cop on." and removes offensive pic

20-05-2007, 16:50
    BigTommyBomb posts "Well by removing the picture you have by default copped on."

20-05-2007, 16:51
    Karl posts "Ah ****... I guess I'll have to put it back now." and puts pic back up.

20-05-2007, 17:36
    I report post and post "I have reported the post... that's gone way to far imo...."

20-05-2007, 17:37
    karl posts "Fine, it's gone..." and removes a second time

^ That is of interest. And would suggest that it wasn't an honest mistake.

Also Boston, I notice you post in quite a few threads backing up admins. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

^ That is of interest. And would suggest that it wasn't an honest mistake.

Also Boston, I notice you post in quite a few threads backing up admins. Why?

Why are you taking up someone elses case? As far as I can see what was posted in said thread had absolutely nothing to do with you. Is it because you want to fight the 'powah', is that it? Rebel against authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

There is a big difference between saying something racist because you are racist and saying something racist that's meant to be funny. This was the latter, grow up and let it go.

The "timeline" only shows a bit of stubbornness on both parts, nothing sinister.

humbert wrote:
    There is a big difference between saying something racist because you are racist and saying something racist that's meant to be funny. This was the latter, grow up and let it go.

The same principle should then apply to the person who made a joke (and in the same post, identified as a joke) about killing a dog. He was banned for a week/month.

This to me, is more serious than making a joke about killing a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

The same principle should then apply to the person who made a joke (and in the same post, identified as a joke) about killing a dog. He was banned for a week/month.

This to me, is more serious than making a joke about killing a dog.

Yeah! Fight the powah!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It is true that mods come to one and other's aid when necessary. Your complaint should clearly not be in this thread, but in another one.

I'll ask you again, did you report the post?

Neither complaint belongs in Feedback, if every post that possibly deserved mod action was the subject of a feedback thread then the forum would be full of pointless sh*te.

As it is, it looks like you're just on a Fight Da Powah crusade.
    jhegarty wrote:
    I did.. because he took the picture down , then put it back up again.... he only removed it after it was reported, not when he was asked to....

Fair play, you'd have more reason to post a thread on feedback than t'other fella.

• Advertisement

cson wrote:
    Yeah! Fight the powah!

I laugh at you(r) (post).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement