Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint regarding Karl Hungus

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In summary, picture removed after complaint was made. This admin is happy enough unless someone can point out why I shouldn't be (this does not include you, ish).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Also Boston, I notice you post in quite a few threads backing up admins. Why?

Your lack of cruading about the "YOU'RE A HOMO" picture also posted suggests you Pick and choose which minority groups you fight the power on behalf of. Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It is true that mods come to one and other's aid when necessary. Your complaint should clearly not be in this thread, but in another one.
    I once did battle with a mod. He was in the wrong. He got in trouble and resigned soon after. The mods did not side with him.

Last week a mod lost his powas.

You're talking balls tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

There is no mod conspiracy.

jew-woo-yay.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I never said it was an honest mistake, I just said I didn't intend to cause offense. I'm not sure what exactly you want me to say, or what you want out of this thread, insafehands...

I think you're just taking the piss, ranting for the sake of ranting, so I'm just going to duck out of this thread. There's really nothing further for me to say, so go on and troll to your heart's content.

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

There's really nothing further for me to say
    Not even funny cat pictures? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

1174329819-405856700_cc26cf358f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

green123 wrote:
    circle the wagons, as usual .
    no point complaining about mods or trying to argue or reason with them.
    clique
    life-is-not-fair.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Beecher wrote:
    It is different. Posting a joke about killing dogs in a pet forum is not a clever thing to do and I can see the logic behind a ban there, just as I could see it if Karl had posted that image in the Jew forum (if there was one) he should also get banned for that.

Point 1: I never thought the responses in this thread could get any lamer than "yea, fight da powah" and "did you report the post?". Although 6th has made a good attempt at topping them in the lameness category with his "Oh shut up" effort, the above quote, I would argue, takes the biscuit.

POint 2: Despite the fact that the Hungus has banned me from a thread for some harmless piss-taking, I would still back him up and assert that no offence was intended. I think offence should be taken when offence or belittlement was intended. As far as I can see, the phrase used is very Cartman-esque and has made it's way into regular usage, without offence intended. The rights and wrongs of that are another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Wouldn't the world be a lovely place if people only took offence when it was blatantly offered?

Unfortunately, the reality is everyone's personal experience is different. Subsequently people react differently to different things. It doesn't really matter whether or not you intend offence. People can still take exception to things that they find offensive.

Preceding racist comments with "I'm not racist, but..." does not negate the racist content of the comments.

Following promotion of violence with "...joke" does not take the power away from the words.

For a while, I had my username changed to 'MinesaBIGSLUT' on this forum in an effort to make a point about the power of words. I got PMs from people. Some thought it was funny. Some thought it vulgar. Some couldn't understand why I'd willingly associate myself with what they felt was such an abusive term.

The potential of something to offend really can't be defined by someone who isn't bothered by it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Can we please get the point across that a Mod is NOT A MOD OUTSIDE OF HIS/HER OWN FKING BOARD? We are users just as lame and prone to silliness as you when we're not on the boards we patrol. The only perk of being a mod is the coke and hookers we get at an initiation party...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah let them think of us a power-hungry, fascist, communist, clique - forever riding around feedback in our fancy wagons. Forever waiting for the secret signal from Mod HQ to begin circling. At the very least it will distract them from our highly illegal prostitution and cocaine operations.

Feedback just wouldn't be the best damn forum outside of tCN otherwise.

CATS! BRING ON THE CATS! AND THE HAMSTER TOO!

kitler8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'd like to complain that the picture was removed, Karl you didn't offend me, can we have it back?

John

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It offends my people that it was taken down, and we roamed the plains of these lands 10, 000 years before them.

I R 4 Star Fear Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Cats you say?

1156364515394yh1rd6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

supercat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

tallaght01 wrote:
    Point 1: I never thought the responses in this thread could get any lamer than "yea, fight da powah" and "did you report the post?". Although 6th has made a good attempt at topping them in the lameness category with his "Oh shut up" effort, the above quote, I would argue, takes the biscuit.

There's nothing lame about asking if the post was reported.

Feedback isn't the place to raise the issue, if it needed raising at all. If he had a problem with a post, there's the option to report it. It'll be looked at and action taken if required.

This thread is pointless if the OP didn't bother reporting the "offensive" post. As it is, its either attention seeking or trolling. I've not made my mind up which it is yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

biker_gran.jpg

sgt.thong.jpg

madmax_j00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Posting on Feedback gives many people the ability of reply and that should be considered before raising a complaint on Feedback.

Unless I've been dense and missed something I needed to respond to, this thread will close very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Why do people take what was a serious thread and turn it into what it is now?

It's demonstrative of the kind of attitude mods have (as it seems to be mostly them posting the pictures) towards people raising issues like this in the Feedback forum.

I do think the phrase is overused, but grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why do people take what was a serious thread and turn it into what it is now?
    Tradition. Once the original matter has been cleared up, there's a tradition to turn it funny. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can't see any reason for it not to happen.

As explained by ecksor, there doesn't seem to be anything left to discuss here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement