Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find the store I need?

• 27-05-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone!

My brother and his wife live in Galway (I believe the location is Rosscahill???). They called me earlier today to share the news that they are expecting their first child :) I want to get them a gift certificate to help buy a crib, clothes, or whatever they might need.

Problems:
    1) I'm having trouble finding a store.
    I've been searching online for over an hour now.

2) I am purchasing online from the US.
    I found a store called Smyths, but when I go to purchase online, they only accept addressed in Ireland and Northern Ireland.

I suppose I could send some $$$ via paypal or in a card via air mail, but I was trying to put a little more effort to get them a gift card for a store over there.

I'm open to suggestions. Many thanks!

Jeannie Ennis

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

There's a Penneys in Eyre Square Shopping Centre, City Galway, that I think is affiliated with JC Penneys in the USA. You might want to stop by a Penneys in the USA and see if they can put something in the gift registry of the store in Galway? If you are not near a JC Penneys in the USA, then they do have an online store that you can inquire with.

You might also inquire with Brown Thomas on Eglinton Street, City Galway?They take most major credit cards and should have a gift registry. See link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Mothercare are a large chain are along the lines of what you want. They have a store in Galway City.

There are also some Irish websites such as The Gift Voucher Shop that re-sell gift vouchers for specific stores. I've never used their service myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 QueenOfStarwars

Thanks to both of you for the information. I'll check out all options!

Much appreciated :)
    Jeannie Ennis

Advertisement