Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting number to 3

• 27-05-2007 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

How long does it actually take to port a number to 3?

They state 3 days, Comreg state a few hours.

17 days after my request they still haven't ported my number. Anyone done this, and how long did it take?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its supposed to take a few hours but 3 often have problems in this area. My advice is to phone them up and make their lives a misery until they get it done. If they can fob you off the will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

friend did it a few weeks back took 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Sent the original CAF with a Vodafone bill, as they require. Then rang twice in a week after the three days had passed. The first time they said it should happen "soon". The second time they asked for my details again and asked me to fax them a second copy of my Vodafone bill and that it would be done that day. That was 9 days ago. Sent an email to Comreg last night so hopefully they will make them get a move on. Was just wondering if this carry on is typical and if it will eventually happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bought a 3Pay phone today after 2. Porting was done by the time I got home at 4...didn't even get a chance to get my numbers off my old SIM :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Thinking of porting across to 3 myself, o2 data pricing is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

BuffyBot wrote:
    Bought a 3Pay phone today after 2. Porting was done by the time I got home at 4...didn't even get a chance to get my numbers off my old SIM :O
    Exact same thing happened to me! 20 minutes after buying the phone my old deactivated leaving me with no way to ring my friend for a lift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

My girlfriend ported on a Saturday, when I called her (from a 3 phone) it called the new one. It was Monday before the old one was fully deactivated. This was O2 not 3 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can still access your old SIM card, it just won't connect to a network.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bought a 3pay phone on a friday at around 5.30 and it was done the next day when I woke up which was the afternoon (very late night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

Ok I know its off topic but I didnt want to start a new thread for it.

I got my 3 phone delivered this morning after buying from their website but i did not receive a port form. I printed the one from their website but it doesnt give the address to return it to. Does anyone know what it is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

3 Customer Services
    PO Box 333
    Dublin 2

http://www.three.ie/contactus/index.htm

I waited four days for this bulls*it reply from Comreg:
    Hi Peter

Thank you for your email.

Porting from one provider to another can sometimes take a few wks.

Was this not explained to you at the time?

Regards

J*** D****

My patient reply:
    Hi J***,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid your answer is inadequate and wrong, according to publications by your organisation and by 3 Ireland.

To quote you here:

http://askcomreg.ie/mobile/mobile_number_portability.19.LE.asp

How long will it take?
    Most changes should be made within a few hours. The processes are designed to make moving your number to a new network as timely and straightforward as possible.

To quote 3 here:

http://www.three.ie/support/switching.htm

As soon as you have sent it back to us, we'll contact you within 3 working days to finalise the details, and then it should only take 2 - 3 hours for your number to be moved.

It's now been 20 days. 3 have had 2 Customer Authorisation Forms and several phone calls from me yet nothing is being done.

I will repeat my initial request to you. Can you help me with this?

Many thanks,

[My name].

So I guess I'll just sit here and pay two bills until the fools at 3 decide to open their post and then keep waiting until they decide to do anything with my request(s).

As for Comreg, Jesus wept.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

shayser wrote:
    How long does it actually take to port a number to 3?

They state 3 days, Comreg state a few hours.

17 days after my request they still haven't ported my number. Anyone done this, and how long did it take?

Did you request the initial port through a shop where you bought the phone?
    Have you got any outstanding bills with VF? All of these could be delaying your port - when I ported over, I have not supplied them with my Temp 3 number and that held it up (purely my fault)
    Fax it to their head office (fax no on www.three.ie) and just explain that you have been waiting for a long time for it to port and can they possibly speed things up - I am all for the "ask nicely" thing unlike some of the others ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

Ok I know its off topic but I didnt want to start a new thread for it.

I got my 3 phone delivered this morning after buying from their website but i did not receive a port form. I printed the one from their website but it doesnt give the address to return it to. Does anyone know what it is?

You should fax it (fax no on www.three.ie) the postal system will add days onto it

I've no outstanding bill with Vodafone.

I purchased online, selected the "tick if you're porting..." option. Got the CAF with the phone which I completed with ALL the required information. After a week or so following a phone call to them I also sent them a fax. Last Thursday, I downloaded a new form from their website and sent everything again. Still nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I got a 3 phone for Christmas. The girl in the shop told my mom that my old number would be ported over on Christmas day. I rang them on the 27th (My first experience with 3's wonderfully helpful and understanding customer service) they said give it one week. It was well into my college exams (in the middle of January) when it was finally ported over. I rang 3 and told them it was a disgrace and was offered sincere apologies and that was it! As soon as I can get my unlock code, I'm gone! Which is a story for another day. The moral of the story is don't trust 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

Got a call from 3 customer care at 2 today saying they recieved my port forms and they put t through...It took 20 minutes and now its done. Can't fault that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

shayser wrote:
    I've no outstanding bill with Vodafone.

I purchased online, selected the "tick if you're porting..." option. Got the CAF with the phone which I completed with ALL the required information. After a week or so following a phone call to them I also sent them a fax. Last Thursday, I downloaded a new form from their website and sent everything again. Still nothing.

You need to call them and get hold of someone who will take ownership of the problem. Don't accept this "it will be done in 24 hours" crap that they always peddle. Speak to a supervisor if necessary. Sending e-mails or sending in that form over and over is going to get you nowhere. The rep should be able to tell why the porting request is failing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Personally I can not handle their customer care - got bounced so much with them i just gave up - they simply dont care - i guess thats what happens when you outsource....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bizarrely, it's not outsourced. 3 have their own centres in India....so there isn't even that excuse ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Really? So they just dont care then LOL
    I knew it was in India, I remember calling them for an unlock code, and they refused it - even if I paid them, I asked the guy there, does this mean my phone is useless - and he said yes sir thank you for calling 3 and hung up!
    At least the other networks pretend to care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

johnmryan wrote:
    Personally I can not handle their customer care - got bounced so much with them i just gave up - they simply dont care

I'm the same. After a really bad experience with their Indian call centre I can't deal with the stress of ringing them up now if I've a problem. :(

Advertisement