Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm quote - Expensive?

Options
  • 27-05-2007 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Is this expensive????

New house, needs an alarm.
    Is €3500 an expensive quote for fitting an alarm?
    The quote included window sensors and doors
    Beams in hall and landing,
    keypads, internal/external bells and
    text dialer to mobile phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

wow that seems a little expensive. Is the house pre wired for an Alarm or is it going to be Wireless.

Mine, HKC, was put in for 900 euros (2004) into our new house 5 bed. It was pre wired by the builder.

It included all sensors on windows and garage + 1 PIR in hall + internal and external bell

I dont have the txt dialer though

regards
    Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Thats very expensive!
    How many rooms in your house?
    Most new houses are pre-wired for an alarm and a text dialler costs around €100 i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

massive difference in price if your house is not prewired...
    think of all the work involved in putting in a new (wired) alarm from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

There are 4 beds, sitting room, living room, kitchen, dining, utility, 2 bathrooms and a sun room.

It will be prewired, which is why I thought it was be expensive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

we had the exact same system installed in a 2700sq ft two story pre wired for 1000, including the dialler.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Exact same system done for 700 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

even if it is not pre-wired they can now do a wireless alarm. Try Eircom home watch they are reasonable and honest and often have special offers on for installation. The monitoring is less than 25 Euro a month and I am very happy with them. That price sounds like a conman chancing their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

HighWire wrote:
    Is this expensive????

Hmm, parts about €600, days work for Sparks and apprentice €600, profit €2,300. Nice :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

HighWire wrote:
    There are 4 beds, sitting room, living room, kitchen, dining, utility, 2 bathrooms and a sun room.

It will be prewired, which is why I thought it was be expensive
    Sorry it's monday and all but that doesn't make sense to me.

Is the house wired at the moment or does the technician need to install the cabling from scratch?

The house is wired up already.

• Advertisement

Then it's waaaay to expensive. Look around

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

We had (wireless) Phonewatch put in for €1,000 from scratch two months ago.
    (We did have a 25% discount from having AXA car insurance - sweet).

Get more quotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had my whole house wired and equip fitted for Eur 1700........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Got two more quotes.
    1500 and 850 - These are based on a prewired basis.

Thats some difference.

Yes, it's always worth shopping round. Thanks for letting me/us know how you're getting on. Big difference from €3500

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Name and shame? Maybe shouldn't but I'd hate to think they were screwing people like that.

Did you get any explanation from the first crowd why it was so expensive? Maybe they misunderstood and reckoned they would have to wire it aswell, even still...

Nah I wouldnt do that.
    I didnt bother getting back to them to be honest.
    They have to know that its stupid money, but then again
    there must be people out there willing to pay the money
    but it wont be me.
    Going to give a couple more a buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

HighWire wrote:
    Is this expensive????

very expensive,what part of the country are you in and ill get you a guy who can probably install same system for around 1000,PSA reg and NSAI reg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr.astec

must have been goin to use solid gold components or something

• Registered Users Posts: 23 roots

Can anybody recommend a supplier to fit an intruder alarm with dialler to a prewired duplex apt? Living in Dublin West.
    Any idea how much is this going to cost?
    Thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement