Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 updates..

• 27-05-2007 4:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Finally got my xbox 360 hooked up to the home network so i can stream vids off it and I decided I'd just pop onto xbox live! and maybe leech a trial game from the arcade. I'm still stuck in the arsehole of nowhere so the internets is only 56gay :) It's passed all tests (albeit somewhat slowly :D;)) but when it gets to live! it tells me there is an update and I must download it. So I've been trying since yesterday to get this download and it just appears to "timeout" - giving me an error "Cannot download update. Please test your network settings or go to http://www.xbox.com/support" ..

Is there a standalone version I can throw onto my PC and update from there? Or maybe burn to DVD? Any other suggestions?

Obviously I dont want to play games on live! with 56k dial-up..just would like to update and get a few new trials and the new codec support etc etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You can download the update and then burn to CD or DVD and it will install the latest dashboard version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You can also contact Microsoft afaik and they'll send you out the latest updates on a DVD.

Advertisement