Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GJP Festival Day 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

Nice!! girl power!!
    Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

The big hand that made all the difference...

Flop is 987 All the chips go in.

Jay has 109 and Jen has 65

Turn is a 10, river is a blank and Jen took a massive chip lead.

Details taken from Blonde Poker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

It was a great tournament, excellently run. I was a bit dissapointed to finish off the final table after arriving to day 2 as one of the chip leaders, but never got any cards to play with. I somehow managed to lose the biggest pot I played that day, all in preflop with AJs against Ajo. That was the most interesting sequence of hands I played all day.

I had been pretty aggressive in late position and was expecting one guy in paticular to play back at me, as he had been moaning quite a bit. So its folded to me on the button and I raise with KQo. I think i made it 3600 or so. He makes it 10k exactly from one of the blinds. I think for a few seconds and push all in. It was about 22k more for him to call. He instafolded and I showed my hand. (Which led to my downfall!) The next hand I get AJs, its folded to me again and I make the same raise. He instapushes, I think for a little while and call, he had AJo. I couldnt fold any hand having shown KQ the hand before, and in fact would never raise there unless Im happy(ish!) to get all in, as the chance of me being reraised is so high. Anyway the flop comes with 2 clubs and 1 spade, so we both have the same chance of making a flush. The turn and river are both clubs and I lose.

I was left with about 12k after that hand, when the average was over 50. The rest of the day was a real grind, I never had any chips at all. Whilst other people could make elaborate chip structures I was able to hold all my chips in one hand for the rest of the day! I doubled up with 99 against KJ, but apart from that I never got all in until the final hand. I had dropped to below 8 blinds and was getting desperate (we were just in the money at this stage). The money was all flat until a few more places so I was happy to gamble. Unfortunately no hand was folded to me until I got utg. I pretended to look, thought for a few seconds and pushed. Oscar called me, then some guy pushed all in. Oscar relunctantly caled and we showed our hands. AA for he reraised. JJ for Oscar, and the mighty Q4o for me. The board blanked and that was me done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jen takes the trophy, congrats to Jman, and all who went deep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

well done Jay, delighted for ya as you were due a big win.... Congrats

ul to the rest of the top finishers, Darragh, Dave oC, Oscar and bomber..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

N1 Jay that was some final table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Am i correct to assume this is the same Jay who plays in the SE/posts here as Jayminator.
    If so nice result and congrats Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

58o wrote:
    Am i correct to assume this is the same Jay who plays in the SE/posts here as Jayminator.
    If so nice result and congrats Jay

Yea, tis, great result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Thanks folks. Great tourny n all the rest.. Lil dissapointed i never took the trophy but i know myself the reasons why...

I had 2-1 chip lead heads up and was very happy with my play. Then i get it all in HU wit top pair and open ended st8 draw to find Jen wit the bottom st8. I turn a 10 giving me the house outs & the st8 outs but to no avail. That hand cripples me but i come back again from 220K to over 500K but make a very loose call with PP and middle pin st8 ( I think Jen was stealing, foolish I know) and the rest my friends is history...

Once again a great tourny weekend and well done to mike n the gang and looking forward to the next one already...

( hector i did nt moan that much did i ???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Well done Jay, especially for not letting the bomber get to you constantly showing you bluffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

Bomber bluffing,, you gotta be joking!! LOOOOL!

He such a ABC player *rooling my eyes*

Cheers Man. Ah the bluff did nt bother me too much but i did admire the play. Anyhow i waited n I waited n I waited n I waited then I waited some more and eventually got paid off.

Im gonna miss Cork me thinks but what the hell. I reckon a month off will be good for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Just in from the Fitz. Well done Jay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

ul Oscar/Daragh and Dave. Fair play Jay, gr8 result. And also to Jen (who may or may not read boards). I heard the ooohs on the AJ hand Daragh while on the other table, very sick indeed. When I looked over lovejoy was sacking chips. I presume it was him. What did you think of his style of play?

moan below! so please ignore, it should probably be in the bad beat sticky.

Played the 500 with a view to playing LAG early on and picking up a few k, then calm down until the 2nd or 3rd level of antes and then open up again. This was clearly the wrong way to play, and especially at my table a TAG style throughout was definitely the way forward. I realised this after losing 2k playing loose enough. The 4 or 5 guys to my left were not folding much at all. So I switched to TAG and waited for a hand, and I waited, and waited a bit more! 2hrs later I get QQ UTG which I raise. 2 callers AK flop. A bit of action and I fold. Down to 6k. I wait and wait, and my stack reduces to about 15BBs. I'm too short to wait any longer so I decide if I get KQ or QJ or a suited ace I'll raise, and if it's limped to me or folded I'll raise with anything half decent in the c/o or button and just hope the blinds don't look me up on the flop.

I wait and wait and nothing. Every hand is raised before me, 50% of them from the guy to my left who has about 50k in chips. UTG is really my only spot I can make a move and my 15BB stack couldn't justify pushing from there with any two. AT or KQ would have been sufficient to come over the top of any of the MP raisers but I kept on getting off-suited 4 gappers below T! 2hrs pass and I get JJ utg. I limp fully expecting a raise. Sure enough a raise, but from Martin - the only player I can't push against. I call the 3BB raise along with one other with no plan of action at all. It's a shove or fold spot really. AQx flop. Martin hits top set with AA whch we find out about on the turn.

Down to 4k. I hover on 4k for an eternity, pushing to stay alive. I was down to 2k at one stage and pushed with 22. The guy to my left immediately calls with 88, but I hit on the turn to stay alive. At one stage I pushed blind, and when the table folded I had a quick look. J4o. The guy to my right saw my hand and whispered "risky", this was a huge mistake as I found out later!

So about an hour passes and the lunatic to my left raises UTG yet again. I get AJ and nearly fall off my chair. I shove and MHIG against TJs (his favourite hand). I double to 6.5k. Average stack is just under 20k and from being on 2k I feel I can get back into it with a little help from the deck. Next orbit it is folded to the SB who limps for 600. I look down at K4s. There is roughly 1700 in the pot from blinds and antes so I shove for 6k. He tells me that he saw what I had been pushing with (ie: the J4o hand) so he calls 6k with Q9 and hits :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

well done jay and thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Well done to Jen...after playing with her for two days..it's no surprise to me she took this down..Also well done to Tom.....Great weekend..Thanks GJP...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Well done to Jen...After playing with her for two days it's no surprise to me she took this down...Well done to Tom....Excellent Tourney....Great Weekend...Well done GJP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ocallagh wrote:
    So about an hour passes and the lunatic to my left raises UTG yet again. I get AJ and nearly fall off my chair. I shove and MHIG against TJs (his favourite hand). I double to 6.5k. Average stack is just under 20k and from being on 2k I feel I can get back into it with a little help from the deck. Next orbit it is folded to the SB who limps for 600. I look down at K4s. There is roughly 1700 in the pot from blinds and antes so I shove for 6k. He tells me that he saw what I had been pushing with (ie: the J4o hand) so he calls 6k with Q9 and hits :(

lol Donkaments. Justified rant IMO. Unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well done to Jay and Jen. Unlucky for Bomber. They all played great from what I saw (as did Dave and Oscar) and I get the feeling that the two big winners were very popular victors. Delighted for them.

And well done to DITTAG who got a chop from the €300 event for 4k. Lovely little touch for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

ocallagh wrote:
    ul Oscar/Daragh and Dave. Fair play Jay, gr8 result. And also to Jen (who may or may not read boards). I heard the ooohs on the AJ hand Daragh while on the other table, very sick indeed. When I looked over lovejoy was sacking chips. I presume it was him. What did you think of his style of play?

No it was Jay who had AJo, Nice man with a bandage on his neck. Im glad he did well. I think Lovejoy was the guy with pink hair from Blue Square? I took an immediate dislike to him because he kept going on about bad the "irish" are and he limped JJ after two other limpers, despite being quite low in chips. I find a lot of those english pros to be really predictable, you always know exactly what they have. It was like he was putting on a weak tight clinic!

That said, the guy from england who finished 14th (he had a addidas visor on) played really well the whole tournament, I was impressed by him. He had a big stack and I was a bit annoyed when he came over to my table directly on my left, but hed taken a beat and was pretty shortstacked. He took another beat to get knocked out just outside the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

ocallagh wrote:
    ... Next orbit it is folded to the SB who limps for 600. I look down at K4s. There is roughly 1700 in the pot from blinds and antes so I shove for 6k. He tells me that he saw what I had been pushing with (ie: the J4o hand) so he calls 6k with Q9 and hits :(

ffs everyone knows that the magic powers of K4 only apply when they are UNSUITED - schoolboy error - go read some books :p

...ul btw Q9 lol di lol lol lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

No rant from me re. €500. Went out when I pushed with TT into a raiser. I think he found a time machine to call me before I pushed he was in so fast. With AA of course.

Thanks to Mike for the league bonus and well done to the other boardsies involved.

Niall you deaf git. Last time I say hello to you.

No it was Jay who had AJo, Nice man with a bandage on his neck. Im glad he did well. I think Lovejoy was the guy with pink hair from Blue Square? I took an immediate dislike to him because he kept going on about bad the "irish" are and he limped JJ after two other limpers, despite being quite low in chips. I find a lot of those english pros to be really predictable, you always know exactly what they have. It was like he was putting on a weak tight clinic!
    Yeah pink hair was lovejoy. I've played a lot with him on tribeca. He plays a very unorthodox game. I remember a hand in cork where there were 5 limpers to his SB and he just completes the BB with QQ (20BB stack). He ended up playing it quite well post flop on a J high board. He made a few bizarre calls (K high etc) which were all good. He definitely missed out on value a few times though. I couldn't figure out if he was any use. Any time I play 2/4 online with him one of us stacks the other within 5 minutes!
    That said, the guy from england who finished 14th (he had a addidas visor on) played really well the whole tournament, I was impressed by him. He had a big stack and I was a bit annoyed when he came over to my table directly on my left, but hed taken a beat and was pretty shortstacked. He took another beat to get knocked out just outside the money.
    Was his name Steve (S007 from tribeca)? If so I must have played in about 500 of those MTTs on tribeca with him. He was on my left for 5hrs in the previous GJP game. He played it very well (loosish TAG style). He picked up on Joe O'Neills game within 1/2 hr and destroyed him in a few hands. He's certainly one of the top english tournament pro's around IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ocallagh wrote:
    Was his name Steve (S007 from tribeca)? If so I must have played in about 500 of those MTTs on tribeca with him. He was on my left for 5hrs in the previous GJP game. He played it very well (loosish TAG style). He picked up on Joe O'Neills game within 1/2 hr and destroyed him in a few hands. He's certainly one of the top english tournament pro's around IMO.
    I believe HJ is talking about Ben Tunstill (Sp?).

musician wrote:
    No rant from me re. €500. Went out when I pushed with TT into a raiser. I think he found a time machine to call me before I pushed he was in so fast. With AA of course.

Thanks to Mike for the league bonus and well done to the other boardsies involved.

Niall you deaf git. Last time I say hello to you.
    lol sry muso, i am actually going a little deaf I think! I also had my earphones on for most of the time I was in drogheda so might have been then! Didn't mean to ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Well played Jay, delighted for you !

Tim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Well done to Jay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Well done to Jay and Jenny, the hour or two that I watched was top notch poker, and very entertaining....... Great result for you Jay, somehow the Scalps game in the Fitz and SE won't have the same attraction, although the cash tables might get a bit of a hammering.

Great atmosphere in the new club and the crowd over from England were dead sound. Delighted for Jen, she is a top class player and there was great support for both players. Hopefully word of mouth will attract more numbers for next festival. Brian and Mike did a top notch as usual.

Will the GJP monthly games be moving to a Saturday now in the Drogheda poker Club? I Think that will make a huge difference to the crowds etc., Anyway enjoyed the weekend and met some brillant characters, some lunatics and same mental northern players.........

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

smurph wrote:
    Will the GJP monthly games be moving to a Saturday now in the Drogheda poker Club? I Think that will make a huge difference to the crowds etc., Anyway enjoyed the weekend and met some brillant characters, some lunatics and same mental northern players.........
    It will according to the fixed signs outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

big congratulations to bomber and jay....super stuff lad's really gr8 to c 2 local lads in the last 3....really sick i couldn't make the main event tourny structures dont come any better than this....really like what the lad's have done with the club its very cosy and friendly....will really look forward to playing the GJP monthly games here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

are the full results posted anywhere. who won the €500

Jay go to Cork the structure is fantastic

when i left there was 5 left in the monkey game...norwich fan rob was doing well...sean paul fagan was big chip leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    well done to DITTAG who got a chop from the €300 event for 4k. Lovely little touch for him.

Go on Tag ya legend!!! Dont spend it all in Redz now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

Nice one Tag, anyone have the full results, who did you split it with?
    Great weekend, best of luck to the new club.

this is prob the only time that tag hasn't asked meto buy a % in him...GRRRRRRRRRRR....well done m8 im delighted for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sweet, I had 15% of Tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Three way split in the 300/ tag jus over average stack, chip leader took trophy and even money split, although there was alot of play left brillain tresult by all. Well donne to everyone who cashed in the other events - esp to Jay, fair play bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

this is prob the only time that tag hasn't asked meto buy a % in him...GRRRRRRRRRRR....well done m8 im delighted for ye
    LOL!!!

Thanks lads. Fair play Bomber and Jay who played great poker over the weekend. And Rob in the €500 who played some Ninja poker. Well done all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Well Done Tag, great result for you on top of your GJP online win last week too. Does this mean I should move you from our dealers database to the players one?

On a side note I may give up playing and just become a backer as it seems to be making me more money lately - 3/4 of my last horses have come home, Ross is the only Donkey :)

• Advertisement

Well done tag. nice touch. Thanks for scaring the guts out of me when i got it all in kk vs ur mans A10 and u go sticking an Ace on the flop.... I never even seen the K there to give me trips.. ur some dealer man. keep it interesting on the flop.

I was delighted with the result and i never got it all in and called when i was behind. Anytime i got all in i was at least a 70/30 fav so gotta be happy wit that.

Anyhow well done in the 300 and well done to rob in the 500 and all other cashers

Advertisement