Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time/evening event management courses

Options
  • 27-05-2007 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

a bit of background...after living in ireland for three years, i came back to my home country specifically to do a bachelor of performing arts management. (it was fricking hard to get into and the top arts institute in nz)im now second guessing the validity of this course for me personally and i wont get to learn any management modules til my third year. which sucks pretty much!

so anyway,i was thinking i would head back to ireland and do one of the courses i was originally looking at. can anyone tell me what the event management courses are like at the irish academy ,dublin business school or the fitzwilliam institute? what are your thoughts on these institutes, even if you've no clue about the specific courses? would an employer find that qualification to be an asset?

having done previous work experience in events (a city festival and a music festival) i know for sure that i want to stay in this area. i love theatre but i dont feel the pull to work in it like i do with working on gigs etc.

any help would be so helpful...

visa's etc are not an issue as ive dual citizenship.

Advertisement