Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

used car sales

Options
  • 27-05-2007 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi
    i am thinking of starting a used car sales business,and i am looking for a partner who will come in on a fifty-fifty bases with me.anyone interested?
    genuine replies only please.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What kind of partner? Someone with money? Someone with experience?
    Any particular location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

In my experience partnerships never work out, especially when it comes to cars. If your doing anything, do it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

junkyard wrote:
    In my experience partnerships never work out, especially when it comes to cars. If your doing anything, do it yourself.

I would 110% agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

junkyard wrote:

that may not be a possibility though and the correct partnership would be alot more effective than trying to do things on your owm, just depends on who your partner is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

junkyard wrote:
    Fully agree with that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

draffodx wrote:
    that may not be a possibility though and the correct partnership would be alot more effective than trying to do things on your owm, just depends on who your partner is.

Yes thats easily said than done.Its difficult to find the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

junkyard wrote:

I would be inclined to disagree, I dont know a huge amount about the car sales business but I have made money with partners in other things before. It really does depend what the op means by a partner. If he has a good plan and exp I might have a look at it.

Let me just add to this, I own a premises that I always thought would be great for car sales. Its based in Ashbourne near two other car places. Pm your ideas, or better yet tell us all what your plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

If you want a low risk way of making some money from the car trade, then set up a car boot sale type thing for selling cars. A couple of County councils have already banned kerbside advertising of used cars and it could well be nationwide soon. This type of thing is popular on the continent, you'll just need to find yourself a good carpark or field where you can charge people a small fee to display their car all day Saturday or Sunday. Judging by the number of cars for sale on kerbs around the country there is probably plenty of demand, you just need to be a bit imaginative in how you promote it and you could be on a winner!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Chonker wrote:
    If he has a good plan .

or better yet tell us all what your plans are.
    If he has a good plan go to a bank and I don't think it's a great idea to tell the world your business plans. That's just my opinion by the way, business can be ruthless, my advice is start small, even try and get a job selling cars for someone else for a while and learn the ropes. Do you work in the motor trade already?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

junkyard wrote:
    If he has a good plan go to a bank and I don't think it's a great idea to tell the world your business plans. That's just my opinion by the way, business can be ruthless, my advice is start small, even try and get a job selling cars for someone else for a while and learn the ropes. Do you work in the motor trade already?

I assume since you quoted me your asking me.... No I dont but I would love to.

Read it again Junkyard the op doesnt want a loan he wants a partner.

I gather from his post he has some exp, maybe he has already started small and needs a hand getting to the next stage.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't come up with any ideas thats going to blow the lid on the industry so we can assume nobody is going to steal his business plan as I'm sure it's going to be similar to everybody elses.

I would just like to know a bit more than "Would like partner" as I'm sure some other people will.
    business can rewarding and maybe sometimes ruthless.

OP if you have any Top Secret plans PM me. If not tells us what you bring to the table.

• Advertisement
Advertisement