Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing "recycling" centres

• 27-05-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there any of the clothes recycling "bins" arouond Waterford city? (look kinda the same as the glass recycling, and normally found near enough to them). Have seen them in Dublin but don't remember having seen any in Waterford.

Having a major clear-out today and need to try to get rid of the clothes today as well so the bags you leave at your front door/charity shop not really an opion. Would prefer not to have to bin them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Drop them into Oxfam (in the little lane opposite the Book Centre) or else into Sue Ryder (on Ballybricken).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The car park in behind the Book Centre and there are also some in Ferrybank. Some of those charity shops are gone way to fussy with regards to clothes and household stuff. Its impossible to get St Vincent De Paul to come out and collect stuff these days. I had a second hand three piece and two almost new single beds to get rid of, and I phoned them up and offered them to the SVP and they told me that unless they were new they did not want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Aquos76 wrote:
    The car park in behind the Book Centre and there are also some in Ferrybank. Some of those charity shops are gone way to fussy with regards to clothes and household stuff. Its impossible to get St Vincent De Paul to come out and collect stuff these days. I had a second hand three piece and two almost new single beds to get rid of, and I phoned them up and offered them to the SVP and they told me that unless they were new they did not want them.

Thanks Aquos - do you know if that car park behind the book centre is accessible at this time of evening? Or can you only get access to it during business hours?
    Also, where in Ferrybank is the other one?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Both are accessible all of the time, the one in ferrybank is at the bottom of the Rockshire Rd where the bus garage is.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Both are accessible all of the time, the one in ferrybank is at the bottom of the Rockshire Rd where the bus garage is.

Perfect, thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Theres also one in Ballybricken, just across from the Russian/Polish shop

Thanks all, was actually on way into town last night to find the one behind book centre and just happened to notice that there's one in the car park beside the Three Shippes so that saved me heading further into town!

Advertisement