Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Limerick Nitelink

Options
  • 27-05-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I was out in town last night and it was pouring rain, there was no chance of getting a taxi, the que outside Debenhams was huge and also very rowdy and people always skip this que it drives me crazy. Now up in dublin its just as hard to get a taxi at weekends but they have a very good nitelink service. It wouldnt be very difficult to have one in Limerick, even service a few of the main routes could help a lot. This would also free up the taxi's for people who aren't on the route. Personally I'd pay up to €5 for this service I'm sure they could make it worth while. I think it would help in clearing people off the streets a lot quicker.I'm sure the taxi drivers would not be happy but I have no sympthy, I've often been passed by a taxi who will stop a few meters ahead to pick up a group of people e.g. more money. Has this ever been proposed for Limerick? Is there anywhere else outside Dublin that has this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Arathorn wrote:
    I was out in town last night and it was pouring rain, there was no chance of getting a taxi, the que outside Debenhams was huge and also very rowdy and people always skip this que it drives me crazy. Now up in dublin its just as hard to get a taxi at weekends but they have a very good nitelink service. It wouldnt be very difficult to have one in Limerick, even service a few of the main routes could help a lot. This would also free up the taxi's for people who aren't on the route. Personally I'd pay up to €5 for this service I'm sure they could make it worth while. I think it would help in clearing people off the streets a lot quicker.I'm sure the taxi drivers would not be happy but I have no sympthy, I've often been passed by a taxi who will stop a few meters ahead to pick up a group of people e.g. more money. Has this ever been proposed for Limerick? Is there anywhere else outside Dublin that has this?

limerick_man had a post here a week or so ago about a new bus blog for Limerick - seems there's a nitelink type service in Sligo...

Advertisement