Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Nokia BB5 (3G Nokia , 6630, 6280 etc...) Tool Found

• 27-05-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

I have found a free tool for unlocking nokia bb5 phones, its made by a mr. Dejan Kaljevic who comes up with a lot of decent phone software, i dont have a nokia to test it on at the moment but if omeone would try and tell me what phones it works on ?

(This is a cable unlock tool and works on the standard nokia DKU-5 cable)

link :

http://users.net.yu/~dejan/download/bb5.zip

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ok im trying to test it but it is saying bad connection. I'm using a CA-53 cable tho, is it possible to use that? I'm sure there is something in the Readme.txt but i cant read it.....

Anybody care to translate?

EDIT: found a translation of somesort here:

1. Connect DKU-5 or normal COM cable to computer
    2. Set proper COM cable (must be, between 1 and 9)
    3. Download unlocker, run `install.bat`
    4. Open file c:/bb5_unlocker/logs/bb5_unlocker.cfg and write here proper COM port (1-9)
    5. Run c:/bb5 unlocker/BB5logunlocker.exe
    6. Click READ PHONE
    7. Click MAKE LOG, log will be created
    8. Enter codes to phone (in /psw/ dir), or
    9. Click SP UNLOCK to enter codes via FBUS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

ca 53 is usb native

aDKU-5 is required as it is a usb to serial cable, im not sure why, but the DKU-5 is essential, it wont work without one

http://cgi.ebay.ie/DKU-5-Data-Cable-For-Nokia-6100-7250i-5140-6820-3100_W0QQitemZ180122360631QQihZ008QQcategoryZ20366QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there, less than 6 euro delivered !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Should it not be a dku-2 cable? have a look here at the nokia compatability chart, it seems only the dku-2 cable is compatable with the newer bb5 fones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

I posted here before with the details of the BB5 unlocking but it won't unlock BB5 RAP3G v3.00 phones. Which is biatch because that's what I need unlocked... Typical

wizard archer, what phones are version 3 needed for ? and im sure well get updates soon

• Advertisement

the DKU-2 may say its compaitable for data transfer but this is a different thing, DKU-5 is required, i know it sounds really odd but trust me, you will NEVER get a dku-2 to work, DKU-5 required !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

This has been out for awhile now but many people have said that bad error comes up.Let us know if it works for anyone and what phone it worked on.

wizard archer, what phones are version 3 needed for ? and im sure well get updates soon

I dont think dejan is realeasing updates for this anymore? I read that somewhere

I have the dku-5 cable on the way.Hope it works on my 6680 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

drdre wrote:
    I have the dku-5 cable on the way.Hope it works on my 6680 :)
    should do but i could never get it to work. before anyone asks any questions, read all 134 pages of this thread:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=401813

i did and i could never figure it out. the mains questions that were asked on every page:

can it unlock a 6280/n80/n90/n91? no. afaik it does the 6630, 6680/81/82 and n70. maybe one or two more.

you need a dku-5 or ca-42. not a ca-53, not a dku-2.

the com port that the cable installs on has to be between 1 and 9. if it installs on a different com port you have to change it, then put the right com port in the .cfg file.

• Advertisement

the com port that the cable installs on has to be between 1 and 9. if it installs on a different com port you have to change it, then put the right com port in the .cfg file.

Could you explain this again.Is there any video made by somone on how the whole process works?

my dku-5 is being ordered today, bar someone has one local they want to sell ??? and ill make a video tutorial

drdre wrote:
    Could you explain this again.Is there any video made by somone on how the whole process works?
    right click on my computer, click properties->hardware->device manager->the + next to ports(COM & LPT).

find the nokia one (on mine it said PORT1 on nokia adapter or some such).

right-click and click properties->port settings->advanced. change the port in use to one between 1 and 9.

there should be some not used but mine were all used to i had to uninstall one of my bluetooth serial ports and now BT doesn't work properly. ah well :D

there was a video but he was using a piece of software called JAF COM emulator and afaik you need to have some hardware to use that. i couldn't get it to work anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Dozens of ppl on the thread i linked to

commander, that jaf com application is designed to talk to a JAF dongle which does unlcocking

my dku-5 is being ordered today, bar someone has one local they want to sell ??? and ill make a video tutorial

When you make the video please send me a pm or post it up here.It will be a great help

right click on my computer, click properties->hardware->device manager->the + next to ports(COM & LPT).

find the nokia one (on mine it said PORT1 on nokia adapter or some such).

right-click and click properties->port settings->advanced. change the port in use to one between 1 and 9.

there should be some not used but mine were all used to i had to uninstall one of my bluetooth serial ports and now BT doesn't work properly. ah well :D

there was a video but he was using a piece of software called JAF COM emulator and afaik you need to have some hardware to use that. i couldn't get it to work anyway

I will let you know how i get on once i get this bloody cable that i ordered over 1 week ago.

Nokia 3110Classic RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 3250 RAGGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 5200 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 5300 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6085 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6110 Navigator RAPIDO v1.12 PA
    Nokia 6136 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6151 RAP3G v3.00E
    Nokia 6270 RAGGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6280 RAP3G v3.00E
    Nokia 6300 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6630 RAP3G v2.10E PA
    Nokia 6680 RAP3G v2.0E PA
    Nokia 6681 RAP3G v2.0E PA
    Nokia 7370 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 7390 ?
    Nokia E50 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia E60 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia E62 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia E65 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia E70 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia N70 RAP3G v2.20 PA
    Nokia N71 RAP3G v2.20 PA
    Nokia N72 RAP v2.21E PA
    Nokia N73 RAP3GS v2.0E
    Nokia N80 RAP3GS v2.0E PA
    Nokia N90 RAP3G v2.11 PA
    Nokia N91 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia N93 RAP3GS v2.0E PA
    Nokia N93i CEBBO2P (RAP3GS)
    Nokia N95 RAPIDO v1.11 PA

Any phone above v2.21 can't be unlocked yet, but I'm sure there will be a solution for this in the near future.

Nokia 3110Classic RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 3250 RAGGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 5200 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 5300 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6085 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6110 Navigator RAPIDO v1.12 PA
    Nokia 6136 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6151 RAP3G v3.00E
    Nokia 6270 RAGGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6280 RAP3G v3.00E
    Nokia 6300 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 6630 RAP3G v2.10E PA
    Nokia 6680 RAP3G v2.0E PA
    Nokia 6681 RAP3G v2.0E PA
    Nokia 7370 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia 7390 ?
    Nokia E50 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia E60 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia E62 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    Nokia E65 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia E70 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia N70 RAP3G v2.20 PA
    Nokia N71 RAP3G v2.20 PA
    Nokia N72 RAP v2.21E PA
    Nokia N73 RAP3GS v2.0E
    Nokia N80 RAP3GS v2.0E PA
    Nokia N90 RAP3G v2.11 PA
    Nokia N91 RAP3G v2.20E PA
    Nokia N93 RAP3GS v2.0E PA
    Nokia N93i CEBBO2P (RAP3GS)
    Nokia N95 RAPIDO v1.11 PA

Any phone above v2.21 can't be unlocked yet, but I'm sure there will be a solution for this in the near future.

So a N95 can be unlocked :confused:

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    So a N95 can be unlocked :confused:

As far as I know but I haven't tried it yet. Don't take my word as gospel. :o

As far as I know but I haven't tried it yet. Don't take my word as gospel. :o

No you might be right but i hear it couldnt be unlocked.Anyway i cant wait to get a cable and try and mess about with the software.Hope it works now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

My computer isn't recognising the DKU-5 cable and I have downoaded the drivers. Any ideas?

Dman001 wrote:
    My computer isn't recognising the DKU-5 cable and I have downoaded the drivers. Any ideas?

Alot of people are having the exact same problem.I dont know whats happening :(

Anyone get this to work?

Dman001 wrote:
    Anyone get this to work?

It doesnt look like it.But on other sites people have got it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Hi, I have succesfully unlocked a 6680 from vodafone with this software. It was quite awkward to get up and running but once everything was installed (drivers etc.) and the correct COM port was configured it worked like a charm.! When you say that your computer doesnt recognise the dku-5, do you mean that it cant find the drivers?? or nothing simply comes up??

Henne220 wrote:
    Hi, I have succesfully unlocked a 6680 from vodafone with this software. It was quite awkward to get up and running but once everything was installed (drivers etc.) and the correct COM port was configured it worked like a charm.! When you say that your computer doesnt recognise the dku-5, do you mean that it cant find the drivers?? or nothing simply comes up??
    Well I connect the cable to my 3250 and when I right click My Computer and go to manage it doesn't find the cable. Also the computer makes that sound when I connect the cable.

EDIT- I think I found the problem. The DKU-5 cable is not copatible with the 3250 according to the Nokia website. I need the DKU-2 cable. What cable are you using Henne220 because it says the DKU-5 is not compatible with the 6680?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Hey dman it was the dku5 cable i used even though when i connected it to my 6680 it said 'enhancement not supported' but still the software read the phone.. Is the dku5 cable that you have an original nokia one?? because its the cheap knock off type that worked for me. You see the cheap knock off cables set up a virtual com port between the phone and the pc, where as the original ones set up the phone for nokia pc suite. I will stand corrected but this is my knowledge on this topic. Try go into your 'Device Manager' and see if your drivers are correctly installed?

Advertisement