Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Nokia BB5 (3G Nokia , 6630, 6280 etc...) Tool Found

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I got my computer to recognise the cable but the BB5 software crashed but that could be because my 3250 is already unlocked but from what I read on other forums only the N70,N90,6680,6630 and the 6681 work. The N95 doesn't work because,from what I read, the DKU-5 won't fit in the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amt85

Hi i would like to know if anyone knows how to unlock an american t-mobile nokia 6030 to be able to use an o2 or meteor sim card??? thanks!!

You need to buy a DKU-5 cable and download Dejan's BB5 software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 6030 isn't bb5. post in the unlocking thread at the top of the mobiles forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

amt85 wrote:
    Hi i would like to know if anyone knows how to unlock an american t-mobile nokia 6030 to be able to use an o2 or meteor sim card??? thanks!!

Type in *#0000# and see if its RM225 firmware or RM75
    Its probably 225 and if so, it cannot be unlocked by code
    You need special hardware
    Are you based in Ireland or the US?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Guys, I assume thats those of you on Vodafone realise that you are entitled to get your unlocking code for free if you have been with them for over a year. Doesn't matter if you've upgraded more recently. You just have to give them a valid excuse - ie. Need to use a work sim with the phone.
    I tried this last week and got the unlocking code the next day.

Check the policy's of o2 etc before you bother with this BB5 unlocker. Might save you some messin around. One of the guys on nokiafree.org posted a slightly updated version of that software by btw. Defo cant use USB cable.

Guys, I assume thats those of you on Vodafone realise that you are entitled to get your unlocking code for free if you have been with them for over a year. Doesn't matter if you've upgraded more recently. You just have to give them a valid excuse - ie. Need to use a work sim with the phone.
    I tried this last week and got the unlocking code the next day.

Check the policy's of o2 etc before you bother with this BB5 unlocker. Might save you some messin around. One of the guys on nokiafree.org posted a slightly updated version of that software by btw. Defo cant use USB cable.
    But you can buy cheap phones locked to English phone networks on Ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Dman001 wrote:
    But you can buy cheap phones locked to English phone networks on Ebay.

"I assume thats those of you on Vodafone realise ....."

I was only talking about those people who had phones with Vodafone, O2 etc here, not ones bought online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

Im trying to get info on unlocking my 6300,

one of the posts above said that if the phone was below v2.2
    then it can be unlocked by that dejan software,
    mine is: Nokia 6300 RAPGSM v1.1 PA
    So i thought it should be possible to unlock it.

But ive read that this app needs the dku-5 cable,
    the 6300 has usb, no dku-5 port.
    I also read that it cant be done over usb,
    any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Tried it with a Nokia E65 just get "Enhancement Not Supported" on the phone oh well if I get my hands on any other BB5 phones over the weekend ill give it a bash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

anyone had much success with this?

Advertisement