Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Drogheda Poker Club Review.....

• 27-05-2007 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Couldnt make it down the gjp festival, anyone care to give a small review of the new club - facilities, staff etc......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Excellent set up, I would say 2 - 3 more working days and it will be sorted. Like the layout, Place where you can sit and have you food, have a chat etc.. Few small cosmetic things will get ironed out etc., smaller tables for tea and coffee etc., at poker tables.

Dealers in general were very good, a few newbies who will need a couple of weeks to get faster,. Waitress staff were excellent and worked damn hard over the weekend.. as did everyone involved in the club. Need to get ice machine for the drinks and that is about it.

Hopefully it will take off and I think it's a great addition to Drogheda. Good luck with the venture Owen & Joe and everyone involved.........

Smurph
    Can I have me €100 free spin on the roulette table now:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yep, nice place, but still obvious that it wasn't *quite* finished, but even by the Saturday it had gotten better. I'll be interested to see how many people attend it regularly, as I can't really see the upstairs section getting used regularly.

Good luck to all involved in it though. I must say I was impressed by the size of the mugs. All staff seemed friendly and helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

5starpool wrote:
    I must say I was impressed by the size of the mugs.

Highlight of my weekend also.. oh wait.. you said mugs! I thought you said something else, nevermind! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

sounds good, hope to get down by the weekend. Any news yet on opening hours, levels of cash games available, tournaments etc.....?

Advertisement