Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compostion Paper 1 using Film Plot?

Options
  • 27-05-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Is it ok to use film plots as a base for an essay in paper 1?

I mean to basicaly rewrite the movie into a short story, change location, change charactors etc.
    I did this for an essay before and my teacher noticed and marked it outa 50 instead of 100

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Its plagerism so no basically. You would be lucky to be marked out of fifty, I reckon in the lc you would get zero. The marking scheme says 'at this level students are expected to be ORIGINAL and with few mistakes in spelling or grammar'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

Well if your own teacher noticed then it's probably a fair bet that any examiner will notice too. So no, think of your own story or do one of the other essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Just outa interest, what film plot did you use??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

If it was a film plot, it'd have to be a pretty obscure one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

take the film plot... make a few necessary alterations to remove anything that would make it illegal... and work away

or you could always make references to the creators.. I do that a lot, in my JC essay I named a character Vic Vega and based him on Mr Blonde... it was pretty obvious, worked though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah JC English, how easy it seems now. We had to re-write a fairytale of our choice iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

You might get away with it depending how well known the film is and how well you disguise it. Personally my mock essay was loosley based upon a film and it got a b grade. Couldve done better if i hadnt been in such a rush and used more fancy language.

Advertisement