Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with this build

Options
  • 27-05-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

hi all got this build recently and ive since added two ide hard drives and another 400 gb sata,have two external drives hooked up as well for some reason i keep getting a windows delayed write fail error,it says windows was unable to save all the data for this file,check ur hardware etc,could this be that the power supply isnt strong enough or that the hard drives are fecked help pls ?????

Komplett Intel Core 2
    1 OCZ Technology Powersupply ATX 520W 120mm Fan, SATA, 20/24pin
    1 Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED w/fan
    1 Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2b Software English OEM
    1 Norman IC, 1 year license Virus Control , Firewall OEM, Only on PC sold with OS
    1 PC box
    1 ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16
    1 HIS Radeon X1650PRO 512MB, iSilence II, PCI-Express, GDDR3, 2xDVI/Tv-Out, Retail
    1 SoftThinks Installation/Recovery software, only for PC sold with OS
    1 Samsung SpinPoint T133 400GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM
    1 OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC8000 2048MB KIT, w/two 1024MB PC8000 XTC, CL5-5-5-15,
    1 Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S183A, 18x, Dual, Black, OEM, SATA
    1 Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S183A, 18x, Dual, Black, OEM, SATA
    1 Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Black, Brushed aluminum panel and body,(Without PSU)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The delayed write error is an unusual problem that affects NVIDIA based motherboards pinning down the exact cause is tricky but it is very annoying as it can adversely affect system stability (I've had it happen to me before).

First task is bios make sure it's up to date and clear the CMOS after the flash.

Second task is the RAM, go into bios and disable the auto SPD RAM timings and set them manually if the problem persists increase the timings to a higher value like 6 and so on.

Third task if NVIDIA media shield (firewall) is installed remove it.

Fourth task disable NCQ support if NVIDIA SATA/IDE drivers installed.

Fifth task remove NVIDIA PATA IDE drivers.

Sixth task enable HPET {High Precision Event Timer} option if present in bios.

Hopefully with one of those you will get lucky and nail it.

By the way are any of the hard drives maxtor or hitachi based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

thanks,it was happening with a samsung hard drive and a freecom external one
    8T8 wrote:
    The delayed write error is an unusual problem that affects NVIDIA based motherboards pinning down the exact cause is tricky but it is very annoying as it can adversely affect system stability (I've had it happen to me before).

First task is bios make sure it's up to date and clear the CMOS after the flash.

Second task is the RAM, go into bios and disable the auto SPD RAM timings and set them manually if the problem persists increase the timings to a higher value like 6 and so on.

Third task if NVIDIA media shield (firewall) is installed remove it.

Fourth task disable NCQ support if NVIDIA SATA/IDE drivers installed.

Fifth task remove NVIDIA PATA IDE drivers.

Sixth task enable HPET {High Precision Event Timer} option if present in bios.

Hopefully with one of those you will get lucky and nail it.

By the way are any of the hard drives maxtor or hitachi based ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well good luck as I had to change HD's and motherboards in two cases to stop this from happening as it corrupts the data. Oddly enough the HD's which didn't work on one nForce 4 board worked perfectly fine on another. The problem really isn't Windows but some underlying incompatibility with NVIDIA components at least if it's the same delayed write errors I encountered, there is another type of error but that affects external USB drives & is not chipset specific.

Advertisement