Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual color profiles on single PCI-E card?

Options
  • 27-05-2007 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on a cheap graphics card that will allow seperate color profiles to be defined on each output.

I'm going to upgrade my system and need to find a grapgics card that will allow me to calibrate my dual monitors with independent profiles.
    My current Radeon 9600 (AGP) allows it but unfortunitely I now need to jump to a PCI-E motherboard to run with an Intel dual core processor.

The main usage is for Photoshop and RAW file convertion, so I don't a super fast gamers graphics card. Anything that allows dual color profiles will be just fine for my needs.

Any advice please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

I have this one , I use it for photo work , and have two monitors on it with separate profiles made by a spyder calibrator , so I know it works ,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334545

Pretty good card , it has no fan either so its quiet !

This one has a VGA and a DVI output , you may want dual DVI output , which are available from the same site , a little bit more expensive at about €110.

I wouldnt call myself an expert on the latest cards , but as far as I know all the latest cards with dual output can be given separate profiles on each output.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Thanks Mathis,
    What advantage is dual DVI output ?
    I'm running two Sony Trinitron 21" CRT's.

Regards,
    Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Two DVI's would be useful if you were running two LCDs , but seeing as your running two CRT's you'll be fine ,dual DVI would be no benefit there , you will need one of these though ,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=106841

this will allow you to connect the DVI port to the VGA for one of the CRT's. Most cards come with at least one DVI these days and one VGA.

Advertisement