Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New WWE Draft Lottery

• 27-05-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Wrestling Mag is Reporting

''In a follow up to the news we reported last week that the June 11 edition of Monday Night RAW would be a 3-hour special, the USA Network’s website is advertising the show as a “Draft Special", which would indicate that the show will feature a draft lottery.''

OMG this will be great , just what WWE needs to Shake things abit!!!! Hopefully this will happen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

They cancelled a SD/ECW houseshow that was supposed to take place the same day in order for all wrestlers to be available for the show as well. Certainly seems like a draft will take place.

It will be interesting to see what changes will be made...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Cena to SmackDown!, Cena to SmackDown!

Its not going to happen, but I wonder who will be moving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

great stuff,the roster defintely needs a shakeup, and it better not be just a handful of guys,id say put kennedy on raw (although that rules out a kennedy/edge feud which i want to see)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

get rid of the multi brand crap!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Also apparently all titles are going to be on the line. So thats 9 title matches and a draft well worth staying up for. Can anyone else see Y2J coming back or someone else big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This is a ****ing silly idea to be honest. Everything is all tri-brand now anyway...
    ... so whats the point of having a draft lottery? The point of that is having talent exclusive to that particular brand. But now we're at the point where some show up on 3 brands in one week.

Scrap the split already
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

well CM punk is nearly a sure thing, benoit 2 raw with the US title and the intercontinental 2 smackdown(seeing as there is no-one on raw that needs it and the US title would be something new) and then I say either,Finlay,Booker from smackdown and I wouldnt be surprised to see the Hardys on smackdown and have them start a build to a edge v. hardy pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I just hope they get a new champion on Raw, I'm sick of seeing Cena and his stupid spinner belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Cena to SD!, Edge to RAW, almost a certainty. Been done the last 2 times i think. (Open to being corrected here!)

CM Punk will probably end up on SD!.... he wouldn't be pushed on Raw, but definately on SD! he could get into a title run of some sort.

I agree with Reganio 2...someone like Y2J comin back is gonna happen.

It'll also be a good chance to get Khali off Raw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I dont understand why bother - Lashley, an ECW 'superstar' was the main focus of Raw last week. Raw stars were on SD, there is no brand split anymore, why pretend that there is?

The only thing I can think of is for individual brand house shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

this is what will happen in the lottery, lil bastartd to raw in exchange for joh n cena. eugine for batista. super crazy for edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think they should re-draft the entire roster, really shake things up! Give Coach 15 picks and Long/Vicki (i dunno who the hell is in charge on SD any more) 15 picks and ECW 15 pics. Then have matches in between for all the titles and finally do like the original draft and have a backstage lottery for the rest of the roster.
    I think this could happen, because they currently have no huge feuds going on which couldn't be interrupted by a complete re-draft. Of course, people out on injury could chose themselves when they return.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

if there is a draft i could see Mysterio going to Raw for some strange reason .

Tauren wrote:
    All the other drafts have done is make SD weaker and RAW stronger. Will this one be any different?

My guess NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

All the other drafts have done is make SD weaker and RAW stronger. Will this one be any different?

My guess NO
    its like you read my mind..... awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think this is a time Raw needs to be legitimately strengthened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Maybe Reys Return And Draft 2 Raw

I think the biggest draft will be the smackdown commentary team to Raw and vice-versa. I think Maria will go to smackdown along with Nitro, Flair, Super Crazy and Jeff. Maybe Snitzky as well.

To Raw I'll go for Lashley, Kevin Thorn, Helms, Kennedy, Michelle McCool and Ashley and Elijah Burke

For ECW they'll just get a couple. I have a funny feeling Benoit, Chavo and the big surprise of the night Orton, will join. Orton has to be punished somehow and I think moving him to ECW is the biggest slap in the face possible.

Batista might get a move also

• Advertisement

the line up for tonite
    Things are likely to get extreme on Raw as the flagship sails into Toronto, its final destination before One Night Stand.

Headlining a monumental Memorial Day edition of Raw, WWE Champion John Cena teams with Bobby Lashley to face the oversized and massively dangerous team of The Great Khali, Umaga and Shane McMahon in a 2-on-3 Handicap Match. A handful of days before One Night Stand, these five men will have a stand-off on Raw, but in what condition will these combatants leave? What impact will the wreckage have on The Champ before he defends the gold against Khali for a second time? Will Lashley lose a foothole in his conquest of the ECW World Championship? Is this all part of an elaborate web spun by the WWE Chairman?

Speaking of the youngest McMahon male, the Chairman’s son will make a huge announcement on Raw. What foundations will be shook following this mysterious announcement? How will it affect the WWE Superstars as they head into war at One Night Stand? How will it affect the world of sports-entertainment beyond the Extreme Rules pay-per-view?

Also, just as things are heating up outside, the WWE Divas are ready set to turn up the temperature even more in the Memorial Day Bikini Beach Blast Battle Royal. Be sure to spend your holiday with the Sexiest Women on Television as they rumble on Raw for Diva supremacy. It’s sure to be hot.

Cade & Murdoch also continued down a new path last week. With The Hardys under attack by The World's Greatest Tag Team, Kenny Dykstra & Johnny Nitro, Cade & Murdoch rushed to the ring to help the World Tag Team Champions just one night after they challenged them for the gold. Once again, the Southerners shook hands with the champions, taking another step down the path of sportsmanship. Have Cade & Murdoch aligned themselves on the "good side" once and for all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Just curious as to why it has been mentioned that a really big name will come back?.....is there rumours or is it all just speculation......Looks like the draft lottery will be Shane O Macs big announcment this week.....
    Could even be that HHH is back from injury early and is goin to be with McMahon in the street fight.....or even sneakier that it will be a handicap match against Cena for the title.....with HHH (if hes back) or Shane O Mac winnin the WWE title......

I'd love to see Y2J back really bring a bit of life to the mic and backstage

ec18 wrote:

I'd love to see Y2J back really bring a bit of life to the mic and backstage

Things might be getting interesting on that score according to Meltzer. Nothing is signed or anything.

He did make the point that they want him more now than they ever did and Jericho knows now would be about the best time to star negotiating with them.

Things might be getting interesting on that score according to Meltzer. Nothing is signed or anything.

He did make the point that they want him more now than they ever did and Jericho knows now would be about the best time to star negotiating with them.

was that in an article?.....if so do you have the link or issue and magazine it was in?

what i am hearing is the wwe want jericho signed up for the 3 hour Raw special.

Tauren wrote:
    what i am hearing is the wwe want jericho signed up for the 3 hour Raw special.

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Sorry but where are ye hearing this?

ec18 wrote:
    was that in an article?.....if so do you have the link or issue and magazine it was in?

It was on the observer radio show last night.

ahhh thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't see what sort of big changes they could do for a lottery. People are suggesting Rey go to Raw, but I have a feeling that since SD does so well with the Spanish-speaking community in America that Rey will go back to that show. I can't imagine they'll strengthen ECW that much, or take away any of their guys. I could see a guy from SD winning the IC title and then being drafted to Raw, or the IC and US champs being drafted to opposite shows though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Minto wrote:
    Cena to SmackDown!, Cena to SmackDown!

Its not going to happen, but I wonder who will be moving?
    if he goes to smackdown, edge will go to raw. they moved champions around the last time they had a lottery and it was very predictable

This isn't entirely out of the question either... given how HHH is scheduled to return in time for Summerslam, of course he'll probs want Edge to job to him by that stage :)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I hope a tag team moves to ECW to get the division going. Any of the Raw teams really as theyres a lot doing nothing at the minute (Cryme Time, Highlanders particularly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Batiata to ECW

Michelle mc Cool to RAW ( or where the belt goes)

Edge / Cena switching

CM Punk leaving ECW

Matt Hardy will go where Edge goes

Chris masters to ECW

I reckon one or two of these will change--- King,Tazz, Cole, JBL, Lillian, Tony or Todd

Well thats how i see it. I wonder will it be a major change or just about 5 to 6 superstars moving from each brand.

I really hope they don't split up Cade and Murdoch. I wouldn't like to see the Hardys spliting up yet either, since it seems we've got a bit of a tag division going now. I think Regal was rumoured to be moving to Raw recently, so that's a possibility

i don't think commentry and interviewers are in this draft

• Advertisement

I'd say it'll be a "big surprise" like when Heyman got drafted

I'd say it'll be a "big surprise" like when Heyman got drafted

Perfect two weeks for RAW......Edge gets drafted to RAW, and Cena to SD!...
    Then next week edge comes out and starts mouthing off...........
    ........Then the 10 second countdown hits and Y2J comes out.....
    Jericho probably be a face initally just goin form crowd reaction to see him back

Great feud on the mic and in the ring.....

Fingers crossed

ec18 wrote:
    Perfect two weeks for RAW......Edge gets drafted to RAW, and Cena to SD!...
    Then next week edge comes out and starts mouthing off...........
    ........Then the 10 second countdown hits and Y2J comes out.....
    Jericho probably be a face initally just goin form crowd reaction to see him back

Great feud on the mic and in the ring.....

Fingers crossed

I like the idea but keep Edge on SD and have everytime time edge cuts a promo in the ring(eg saying he has pretty much beatin every person on SD blah blah blah) the 10 count starts but nothing happens for a few weeks. Then maybe a week or 2 before a ppv have Y2J appear and challenge Edge for a title shot at the following ppv

I like the idea but keep Edge on SD and have everytime time edge cuts a promo in the ring(eg saying he has pretty much beatin every person on SD blah blah blah) the 10 count starts but nothing happens for a few weeks. Then maybe a week or 2 before a ppv have Y2J appear and challenge Edge for a title shot at the following ppv

I like it but its too long without jericho again and everyone knows what the 10 count means now

• Advertisement

That's the way they should do it I think. If they play Jericho's video one week, people will be watching next week to see if he comes out. If they play his video again, and if they manage to put on a show that really entertains people, then they'll have more people watching the next week. With Jericho, I think they can afford to build up his return a bit because he has so many fans, but apart from that, it'll probably be all over the internet the week before if they plan to have him just appear on Raw as a surprise

lets hope he comes back...no matter how they do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i miss surprises,the last big one was the rock showing up on raw before mania 23 (well in video form) the internet has ruined wrestling as far as complete shocks go

krudler wrote:
    i miss surprises,the last big one was the rock showing up on raw before mania 23 (well in video form) the internet has ruined wrestling as far as complete shocks go

The internet only ruins it if you let it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

WWE in general needs new wrestlers

Cena needs to loose the title and kali needs to be shown the door

bring in fresh faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

just thinkin..i guess this will impact the Raw show for the point on the 13th..prob be the first workin night of the new roster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

If they got Chris Jericho back it could get good again. Him and EDGE would have a great feud id think.

HBK wrote:
    just thinkin..i guess this will impact the Raw show for the point on the 13th..prob be the first workin night of the new roster?

Don't rule it out! I remember back in 2004 when WWE was returning to the Point for the first time in 9 years, loads of people were expecting to see RVD, who was on the RAW brand at the time, only he'd been drafted about 3 weeks before the show to SD!

Ah yes, the good ol' "Card Subject To Change" rule :)
    VR!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    If they got Chris Jericho back it could get good again. Him and EDGE would have a great feud id think.

If they get Jericho back, they'll do what they did before, and grossly misuse him.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Oh, I'd love it!

CM Punk and Thorn to leave ECW for SD and RAW respectively. Benoit to RAW. Umaga to SD. Probably a switcheroo in the tag division. I'd love to see Super Crazy come back to SD and fued with Chavo. The US title going to RAW would be bad for SD, but RAW could do with a guy like MVP. That nobody with the IC title should loose on his first day in AD. ECW needs a big heel to go against Lashely, but he doesn't seem to spend that much time on ECW anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement