Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League 2007 SF & Final

• 27-05-2007 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Well the semis and final are on tomorrow from 6pm on sky.

Jenkins vs. Barneveld
    Priestley vs. Taylor

Cant see past a Taylor/Barneveld final myself but you never know.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah the smart money would be on the Barney Taylor final but I would have said the same thing last year when Scholten gave Barney a beating. I think the most likely upset would be Jenkins beating Barney. Priestley has shown over the years that he can give Taylor a real match and Taylor never plays his best stuff against Dennis. I can't see Priestley beating him but I think it will be closer that many people think.

My Predictions are:
    Raymond van Barneveld 11-9 Terry Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 11-7 Dennis Priestley

Taylor 11-8 Barney

I hope I'm wrong though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

i hope your wrong as well king i have money on taylor to beat priestly 11sets to 4 i got shocking odds for it tho 5/1:eek: !!if jenkins is on song tonight it'll be a great match against barney like there first meeting in the premier league it was the match of tournament so far,!!

so watch out for the bull he's a dark horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Final still to come,

Jenkins vs. Taylor

semi results

Jenkins 11 Barneveld 10
    Taylor 11 Priestley 6

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Strange night of darts. Both Jenkins and Barney never turned for their semi-finals. It really was a very poor quality darts match. It did make for some great entertainment when both players were missing doubles but it was poor. Barney never seemed in the game and Jenkins really should have beaten him much easier in the end. I think the pressure got to both players but Barney really should be able to deal with that. Jenkins was a worthy winner in my view.

The other Semi was a much higher standard but Taylor was on his game and there was very little Priestley could do. The problem was that Dennis got off to such a poor start going 3 down. He did great to get it back to 3-3 but he was always fighting and could never settle down. Credit has to be given to Priestley though as he kept at it but Taylor was just too good in the end. Priestley can't be too disappointed as he had an excellent tournament.

I always knew that the final would be one sided if either of Barney or Taylor lost in the semi's and it turned out to be the case. Jenkins played better in the final than he did in the semi but so did Taylor. Jenkins problem has always been his doubles. He misses far too many, especialy when he has three clear darts. I think the pressure gets to him and it's something he will have to work on. In the early stages he did ok but then Taylor just ran away with. Jenkins can be happy though that he made the final.

You have say fair play to Taylor. He has won all three Premier League Titles and is unbeaten in 43 games. That is some record and it will never be matched.

Advertisement