Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Vision and Viewpoint

Options
  • 27-05-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

How does one answer one of these questions?

I answered one in the pre and i got 55/70.

I just 1)introduced my texts 2) Said how each texts was portrayed (positive or negative or realistic) 3) how each community is portrayed by the author 4)how the main characters are portrayed 5)What questions are raised by the authors in each text 6)How the ending of each text reflects the authors overall attitude to the text.

Like i said, those were the points i covered in ny pre question and I got 55/70.

Are those points ok for a general vision and viewpoint question?
    Anything major that im leaving out?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Our pre English exams were corrected very very poorly. If you really did answer the question under all those areas, with sufficient and appropriate reference to the texts, you should have received full marks. But, if you failed to make comparisons and contrasts between the different texts (using the necessary words and phrases) then that's probably what lost you marks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah i had a look through it there....seems I didnt make enough comparisons.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

You need to examine all three texts under a number of areas for V&V, off the top of my head...
    • What general feeling are you left with at the end of the text; what aspects of the text made you feel this way
    • Is the central view of the world light or dark
    • Is the central vision consistant or changing; any patterns? Outline development/augmentation of V&V
    • Does the open establish the viewpoint of the text; how?
    • Does the ending confirm the general V&V
    • What part do the characters play in establishing/developing the V&V

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Don't look at the actual image portrayed of certain things like community, character etc so much as their effect on the vision of the texts as a whole, if that makes sense. Use LOTS of comparisons, make it blatantly obvious you're comparing if you want top marks.

Advertisement