Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What skateparks are open and at what times?

Options
  • 27-05-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Just wonder which of the following parks are open and at what times?

Bushy - what times?
    Lucan - What times?
    Blanchards town - open? - What times?
    Cabra - What times?
    Swords - What times?
    Greystones - open? - What times?

Am i missing any around dublin that i can skate now?

Also how hard are they to get to by car? Planning a mini road trip for this Wednesday.

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dan-duff

at the mo greystones is closed so i wudnt bother tryin it out for at least a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Thats a pity as it looks like a nice setup.

I'll stick to the Dublin parks so for this one.

Anyone any info other others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Bushy's open from 9.30am 'til 8.30pm on weekdays
    - from midday til 8.30 on weekends.

Not really sure bout the others

There are maps on another thread with directions
    (If ya can't find details, aim for Terenure & ask anybody from there
    - skatepark is right beside tennis courts)

G'luck,

JohnBoy

Thanks JohnBoy.

They are nice opening times for bushy, i assume it will be quiet enough during the day?
    Was there once (by bus) got a little busy, easy to find (different story by car if your Jozi)

Anyone for the others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Conor Chong

Ah bushy is easy to get to via car dude, depending on wat way you come from. If your comin from city centre, go up to christchurch, turn left for teneure and follow that road as of your headin for tallaght, easy. Otherwise, scoot round the M50 take the exit for tallaght and head in towards the city, thats probably the easiest. Its only about 3/4 miles from the M50 roundabout on your right hand side, cant miss it like.

If you've got the day off dude, and transport, i would definately think about going to gorey, its a great little park, definately my favourite. About less than an hour to get there..

• Advertisement

Gorey looked quite far away. I'll be with a mate so its up to him as well.

It does look sweet and i am tempted.

Thanks for the directions for bushy, i should be able to find it (i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi guys,

i think the park warden normally takes the lock off the gates at about 9 every mornen? and at the moment, it doesnt get locked until late in the evening. The fence around goreyskatepark isn`t very high though and can be easily gotten over. we had to climb it for the first 7 weeks.

a map of gorey can be found on the skateclub website here:

http://www.goreyskateclub.com/images/Gorey-Town-Map.gif

Gorey is only 1 hour from Dublin, the roads have improved dramatically over the years with all the bypasses being put in. some times though, it can be a good idea to avoid the main st. and take all the back roads if traffic is bad.

hope this is useful

g

Would love to go to gorey, bit out of my way thats all - will be going to cavan this evening.

Anyway doesnt look like this is going ahead, its raining :(

Going to have a look at some parks anyway, might get luck and it dries up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Phaeton

Cabra is closed over weekends, at least last two. What about Swords and Blanch? Any ideas? Is Greystones finally opened or re-opened?

I was there last wed, and she told me 8:15-10 during the week and 10-5 during weekends

and last admittance is 1hr before closing, during the week the last hr will be for bikers.

01-2227552 is the number if anyone wants it

Anyone think it might be a good idea to have a sticky with all opening times and contact numbers for the different parks troughout the country? I wouldnt mind getting the details together and doing a post, would need to get an admin for future updates thats all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dan-duff

Ye greystones is open again! Bout time huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

anyone know when blanch is open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

jozi wrote:
    I was there last wed, and she told me 8:15-10 during the week and 10-5 during weekends

and last admittance is 1hr before closing, during the week the last hr will be for bikers.

01-2227552 is the number if anyone wants it

Anyone think it might be a good idea to have a sticky with all opening times and contact numbers for the different parks troughout the country? I wouldnt mind getting the details together and doing a post, would need to get an admin for future updates thats all

Dude on weekends its open till 6:30 but they seem to be chopping and changing from 6 until half 6 and so on. Heres a Question though anyone think that greystones closing so early on weekends is a bit stupid?

What about Blanchardstown, it seems to be ready to skate for last 2 weeks but is it officialy open?

OK, so Blanchardstown is opened now, anyone know anything about hours?

Advertisement