Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tues May 29th 20:45 Three Rock -v- Mellon Heads

Options
  • 27-05-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Alright lads, we play Mellon Heads on Tuesday at 20:45.

Be there for quarter past eight, there really is no need for latecomers tbh.

Their record in the league is LWLLD - having joined late on.

Who can't make it?

We've been getting great numbers to the matches, which is reflected in our performances, especially in the latter stage of games, so keep it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

I'll Be there (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ill be there(3)

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there = 4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ill be there, so that is 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'm in, #6

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'll be there. 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'm in - 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I shall attend - 9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Carl will be there = 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

exams still not finished so ill be back for next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

Carl is coming along again, Darragh will be so disappointed he was so lookin forward to going in goals again. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

ill also be there, 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Mikie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shay and John will be there.

Russell too.

That's 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Sorry lads I cant make it tonight.

I was just planning on running off some injuries from Sunday after work. But after tryin to go for a jog theres not a hope they will just be run off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'm pullin out. My foots still f*cked from last week. I ran a bit last night and can hardly walk today. Looks like theres plenty going anyway... I'll come along to cheer anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Biit late, but I'm a dropout too. No babysitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

So how'd it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Heh, we lost 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, we lost 1-0, it was a strange game. they sat very deep and packed the midfield which meant they had a lot of possession in their own half and we found it hard to break them down. first half, we had 2 excellent chances, think it was John and Simon who brought out 2 great saves from their keeper. For us, bar one smart save, Karl was a spectator. they caught us a few times on the break but we coped well.

second half, we tired a bit and the game followed the same pattern, they definatlety had 9 or 10 in their half everytime we attacked, meaning bar 2 half chances, we created very little. they caught us with a sucker punch with about 10 left. a long hoof went about 60 yards over everybodies head and their striker scored from the one on one. Karl did make 2 class saves in the second half that kept us in it, but as i said, they largely sat back and attacked on counter. only the second time this year that we have failed to score.

still, at least we are competitive and bar the 2 games against interyeroldwan, there has been very little between us and every team, including the games we won. with a little bit of luck, we can get better results.

Advertisement