Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for good restaurant in dublin at upper end of market

• 27-05-2007 9:27pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to some vouchers making their way to me, ive decided to treat the missus to a slap up meal and am lookin for some suggestions.

We've been to Peploe's (which we love), Roly's Bistro and are looking for somethin new to try within that price range. Any suggestions? Lookin to spend about €150-€200.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Myself and himself both enjoy eating at Eden in Temple Bar. Delicious food, nice atmosphere.

I did have lunch in nice place on Kildare Street, can't remember the name of it but it is opposite the side door to the Shelbourne and is down a flight of stairs. Very nice food.

I liked Brownes on Stephen's Green but I've not been there in years so I can't tell you what the current standard there is.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

The one on Kildare Street is called Town, Pearl Brasserie is very nice, its on
    the corner off baggot and Merrion Square, they have a lovely bar that you can have a drink in while waiting for your table and the food is fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

chapter 1 can't be beat imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

chapter 1 can't be beat imo

i agree, was there before. however they are booked up for months in advance :(

we ended up goin to Fire in the mansion house. Was disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Should have read the reviews - Everyone says it's mediocrity personified. Suggestions above are fairly good. Browne's has slipped since Barry Canny left and took the chef with him to Peploes (few years ago now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭whippet

have a look at darwins on Aungier street.

Not overly pricey but fantastic. For the weekends book at least a week in advance. The rack of lamb is to die for !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

faceman wrote:
    i agree, was there before. however they are booked up for months in advance :(

we ended up goin to Fire in the mansion house. Was disappointing.

Yep I also recommend Chapter 1 - great place altogether.

But perhaps you could try Bang instead.
    Or perhaps The Unicorn

Then there's always Patrick Guilbaud - you'd easily spend €200 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

l'ecrivain!!! yum

if you like a good bit of meat shanaghan's- pricey but the best (and biggest) steak in dublin

frankly, l'ecrivain and chapter one are leagues above all the others- patrick guibault also i assume but i've never been because i refuse to be forced to wear a suit to go out for a meal

after that, there's the cellar and the clarence restaurant- both delicious

Advertisement