Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golden Boot

• 27-05-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Am I right in that Van Nistelrooj must score four in the last two games to prevent Totti from winning?

In related news, does the fact that Totti may become the second Italian winner in two years point to a dearth of good defenders in Serie A?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Three I think, I think Ruud is on 23, and Totti is on 25. I think Ruud, the way he is playing, could easily get two, if not three, and I think he wants it a lot too, he's been incredible this year since leaving United.

Alves is on 34, which is multiplied by 1.5 rather than 2 for the Golden boot, which puts him at about 19. So he's out of the running.

It's between Ruud and Totti, and I think Ruud will get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote:
    Three I think, I think Ruud is on 23, and Totti is on 25. I think Ruud, the way he is playing, could easily get two, if not three, and I think he wants it a lot too, he's been incredible this year since leaving United.

Alves is on 34, which is multiplied by 1.5 rather than 2 for the Golden boot, which puts him at about 19. So he's out of the running.

It's between Ruud and Totti, and I think Ruud will get it :)
    eh?

34*1.5 = 51
    25*2 = 50

A1 in honours maths baby :P

It's gona be tight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

what is it with united selling strikers then they win the golden boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dcarroll wrote:
    what is it with united selling strikers then they win the golden boot

ruud was excelent when he got a good supply, but when he wasn't getting the ball crossed to his feet by beckham he was just lazing about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Alfonso Alves deserves it really, incredible record. Even in a slightly lesser league over a goal a game is simply amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Alfonso Alves deserves it really, incredible record. Even in a slightly lesser league over a goal a game is simply amazing.

I agree. Tim Vickery's bbc column mentions the fact that most of the Brazilian journalist didn't know who he was when Dunga announced his latest squad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Totti scored 2 goals at the weekend to take him to a final tally of 26, which makes him top of the rankings.

Totti 26*2 = 52
    Alves 34*1.5 = 51
    Van Nistelrooy 23*2 = 46 (2 games to play)

Real Madrids last two games are against Zaragoza and Mallorca, who are 5th and 11th. I'd guess he'll finish on 25.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

nipplenuts wrote:
    Am I right in that Van Nistelrooj must score four in the last two games to prevent Totti from winning?

In related news, does the fact that Totti may become the second Italian winner in two years point to a dearth of good defenders in Serie A?

No, It points to two players in two years who scored over quater of thier teams goals because in both cases the team involved played with one striker (or in roma's case, no striker)...

Ah, with the way he is playing, he could easily end up with 26. I'm rooting for him :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Mark wrote:
    Totti scored 2 goals at the weekend to take him to a final tally of 26, which makes him top of the rankings.

Totti 26*2 = 52
    Alves 34*1.5 = 51
    Van Nistelrooy 23*2 = 46 (2 games to play)

Real Madrids last two games are against Zaragoza and Mallorca, who are 5th and 11th. I'd guess he'll finish on 25.

So, he needs four in two games to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

nipplenuts wrote:
    Well the top scorer in the last 2 Champions leagues have played for Milan.

Advertisement