Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My swing

• 28-05-2007 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Just put this up on youtube for a mate who asked for a vid, so thought id drop the link here. This is me in Kileen golf club o nthe 9th, par 5. Second shot. 5 wood layup that left me an up and down which i completed for birdie.

Just noticed looking at it my backswing looks very army, but hey its working wonders, any comments, compliments and criticsms welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTKwfASJlc

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

looks pretty good, would say you are overswinging a fair bit and you could
    keep it more compact for consistency. Everything looks a bit loose and long.
    Maybe firming up the left knee a little bit would help. Grip looks a little open too?

However if it is working for you don't change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Great swing man!!! :)

you have a lot good going on there

have a look at your address; it seems to me that your right hip is much higher than your left hip.

Because your right hand is lower down the shaft than the left hand, you need to have the left hip higher than the right hip

This will greatly improve your ball striking :D

BTW that is my home golf club. What time were you playing at yesterday. I bet you I was playing at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

swingking wrote:
    Great swing man!!! :)

BTW that is my home golf club. What time were you playing at yesterday. I bet you I was playing at the same time

Mine too - I was in bed though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

that was on thursday at round 5 o clock i think, not sure. Nice course. WE got hammered in the metro match on the sunday was dissapointed.

I was dropped so another junior could get blooded in, we expected a comfortable win but the guy kinda buckled after going 3 down after 4.

As to my swing, there is things ive been striving to get better. I have always had that reverse pivot with the left knee bending in. I've worked hard over the years to get consistent ball striking and flight and i always do.

Its amazing to actually record a swing and look at it, i notice not so much faults jsut things i can make better.

If anyone else has recordings sure post em up, we could build an interesting catalogue :)

Have to remember alswell that the camera angle might be offputing, that was an uneven lie on the fairway, my grip for example isnt open its something i worked to perfection a few years ago and now its just second nature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

your overswing is bringing the weight back onto your left side so you have the reverse pivot giving you inconsistent results. Try shortening your backswing and consiously "plant" your feet i.e. swing from the waist.

Hard luck yesterday - you didn't have great weather but anything can happen in killeen on the back nine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Looks like your legs a little straight and you are bent over the ball rather standing tall? Hard to see as you have your waterproof leggings on.

May also be seeing too many knuckles on that left hand, and possibly try and get your hands out a little further ahead of the ball....your hands seem to be a little close to you.

Fair pay to you though...there are not many who would be brave enough to post their own swing. Might see if I can organise mine....

Also, did Killeen beat you in the Metro yesterday? What was the overall result? I'm a little surprised as I thought HW Lakes would be strong again this year. We defeated Deer Park, although had to rely on one of our young lads (16 yrs old) to win out there on the 18th. I was beaten 3&2 at home :(

we lost 3 away and won 1.

At home lost 2 which just isnt acceptable. we were let down by the home team and bad management really. Our panel is very strong for metro, and we wanted to blood in our subs so they could be called in the next round without fear of them choking, we didnt figure theyd choke in this round :(

Ive taken some points from you all and il ltry work on it my overswing is definatly something ill have to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Nice looking swing. Your finish is very like Lee Westwood's. I would agree that there's a lot of leg action during the backswing and your left hand grip is very strong causing your wrist to 'bow'(think that's the right term). On the range you should really try to reduce your hip rotation while still making a full shoulder turn. It will shorten your swing and create a real feeling of resistance, like a coiled spring, when the backswing's complete. Obviously, see a pro though if you're thinking of making any radical changes.

Fairplay to you though for putting your swing up for scrutiny. And fairplay to this lady also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6OHb6rbigk

well my swing came up nicely today. matchplay against a guy off 19 so gave him 9 shots. Shot 80 gross and won 2 &1 . Was 5 up after 6, level par, then he started playing decent and his shots came into play and i fell to 2 up after 9. Then was 4 up after 11. level going down 16, birdie and a par wrapped it up nicely.

I'm thrilled with my game and want to say thanks for feedback as even though it was an important match today and i shudnt have fiddled i tried to keep my backswing more controlled and noticed the results.

Keep em rolling boys :)

• Advertisement

well the feedback has being solid. I took extra notes from the mentions of my grip and my backswing, made adjustments and feel more confident with my game... now id being playing well before the changes and am playing even better.

Also sent that vid to a mate of mine whos an assisstant pro, said id a reverse pivot, basically i dont flex my right knee through the backswing. I've been keeping it flexed and the improvements are not only instant but dramatic :O

just a lil something for both new players and seasoned players alike. Seemingly it instantly adjusts your swing plane to a correct path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

have a look at vids on www.golfspan.com- might help

link wont work for me .

Was playing today in junior comp and was 10+ after 9, very dishearted with my driver causing all sorts of trouble. Back nine I simply tucked my right elbow in close to my chest, forced a nice takeway and countered my overswing, shot level par back nine hitting onster drives...fruit for thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

link wont work for me .

Was playing today in junior comp and was 10+ after 9, very dishearted with my driver causing all sorts of trouble. Back nine I simply tucked my right elbow in close to my chest, forced a nice takeway and countered my overswing, shot level par back nine hitting onster drives...fruit for thought.
    Fruit for thought why exactly? If you improve your swing you generally play better, it's not really that uncommon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

link wont work for me .

Fruit?
    Well I'm glad you find golf that simple. If only you'd thought of that before you started your round, you'd have shot level par.

fruit for that as in the exact swing change i made. Obviously if your playing **** you change things to try help it :P

Advertisement