Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 results March 2007 and rechecks

• 28-05-2007 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi all
    results are out - i got mine this morning
    the law society has the week of the 4th of June on the website.
    anyway i got 2 out of 5 (have 3 already so pressure off - still disappointing tho!)
    results as follows:
    Company - 60
    Const - 46
    Crim - 50
    Equity - 47
    EU - 22 (haha)

Anybody have any thoughts on re-checks? Am thinking of sending Const and Equity back - is it worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

Yes, they are definitely worth getting re-checked. I once got Real Property re-checked on 48%, but didn't get upgraded. So, there are no guarantees, but I would still strongly advise you to get yours re-checked based on your proximity to the pass mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr.twist

i got 47 in constitutional last time and got a re check and did not get marked up - 46 is the limit really- but if u have the money and think u did a paper worth passing then u may as well go for it

i got my last three today
    company - 55 - cant believe it - not a good paper
    EU - 57
    constitutional - 61

thank god they are over- i think 3 sittings is enough- good feeling to have them in the bag though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Well done. Not looking to starting these in October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Stirling

Well done to everyone who passed! :)

Failed EU and Tort and got 48 in both. Definitely going to be rechecking because if they're upgraded it leaves me with just one to do in October...Sweeeet!!

Just wondering what have been peoples experiences with rechecks in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i had two left and got 53 on constitutional and 47 in eu.. obviously sending it back

ive had both good and bad experiences as regards rechecks, got 48 in property before and had it marked up and got 46 in constitutional before and they gave me nothing so it can go either way

pretty gutted not to have passed eu outright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The gf didn't get her results today :confused: Hopefully arrive in tomorrows post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 leahn

Got mine as well, failed my last 3 miserably. Am totally depressed especially as i thought I had done much better. I hate doing these exams as they make me feel like a complete idiot becasue I find them so hard to pass.

Sorry to be so down but they really take it out of you adn make you wonder if you should actually be a Solicitor. Anyway, SOOOOO looking forward to October and repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

Hey there Leahn
    Dont feel crap...i think anyone who has sat these exams has felt like that at one stage or another..I know that I have..LOADS!The thing is that these exams are designed to weed out those who really aren't that into becoming a solicitor..if you keep at it, you will get them and it is ever the more satisfying because you know how difficult and soul-destroying they are..but dont ever think that you're not good enough.The very fact that you are sitting them again in Oct shows that you are determined enough and dedicated enough to be a solicitor so just keep the chin up. You WILL get there, LL ;)

Advertisement