Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Visor for Car

Options
  • 28-05-2007 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Perhaps this might be best suited over in the motoring forum but I'll try here first seeing as a lot of people reading this may have experienced the nuisance of the sun getting onto the face of the lil one in the back seat and there's tears etc..

Anyway, the problem is the standard fold down sun visors never seem to actually block out the sun properly in the car.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a visor that covers the window(s) completely? Perhaps an adhesive visor for the entire window or something..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Which window ?

My Renault has a pull up blind on the back window ( never used it ) , but I purchased a couple of blinds you attach with a suction cap to the side windows.

Remember you need to see out still to drive :) , so if you have a front seat car seat I wouldn't use them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just the rear passenger windows (not the rear window).

I do have pull down blinds I bought alright but they are quite poor, the sun still manages to get in between the gaps. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.edirectory.ie/ir/10000/moreinfoa/d/car+seat+shade/pid/16282

most car shops have screens that stick on to the windows at the rear with a suction cup.

We had tweeypie and sylvester on the two for our car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Check with your local main dealer to see if they sell such an accessory. Peugeot, for example, sell them for some models and they fit perfectly into the window frame offering 100% shading and as they are a mesh you can still see through them.

Or maybe something like this > http://www.gltc.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?language=en-GB&productID=G0453 not exactly the prettiest but it does give full shading of the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

the best is http://www.windowsox.co.uk/
    we have used them for years on all our cars...and they do deliver to Ireland.
    the rest are crap, total crap and a waist of money...
    these you can still operate the window while they are on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

hope these will help keep the sun out of your little girl eyes in the back.

you are more than welcome run_Forrest_run, thanks for the lack of reply to the two PMs i sent you on where to get these visitors.
    even a thanks but no thanks, just out of curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No poster is under any obligation to reply to an unsolicted pm from another posters and any post harasshing a poster will not be tolerated on this forum.

Advertisement