Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Making a claim?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my gf has just informed me that someone crashed into the back of her. She was 2nd in a row of 3 cars the lights went green, the first car didnt move tand neither did my gf however the car behind my gf did and went into the back of my gf, whats the process for making a claim and getting the car repaired?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hi all, my gf has just informed me that someone crashed into the back of her. She was 2nd in a row of 3 cars the lights went green, the first car didnt move tand neither did my gf however the car behind my gf did and went into the back of my gf, whats the process for making a claim and getting the car repaired?

Basically the 1st car claims off the 2nd car and the 2nd off the 3rd but overall its the guy at the very back that pays for it all!!

BTW was this the little accident I saw in the clondalkin area this morning??

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

jonny24ie wrote:
    Basically the 1st car claims off the 2nd car and the 2nd off the 3rd but overall its the guy at the very back that pays for it all!!

BTW was this the little accident I saw in the clondalkin area this morning??

No it was on the N81, my gf didnt hit the car in front. So does she have to ring her insurance company/the other drivers and involve the gardai etc??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No it was on the N81, my gf didnt hit the car in front. So does she have to ring her insurance company/the other drivers and involve the gardai etc??

First of all..... whenever there is an accident and some damage done then the gardai must be contacted straight away and get them to the scene!!
    The car behind her is at fault so they will have to pay.
    She can tell her insurance compnay what happened alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Always call the cops, without there report its your g/f word against the other drivers. As for ins company, she should call them straight away and inform them of the other drivers details.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

She can call her insurance company if she wants to cover the bases, but really it's the other drivers insurance company that will need to be contacted. If you haven't heard from them in a reasonable amount of time then she can call them with the other persons policy details to arrange to have her car looked at by an assessor or to arrange a repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Thanks Guys

Advertisement