Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help / Advice required installing fireplace

Options
  • 28-05-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of renovating a house and have ripped the old solid fuel fireplace and everything to do with it out. Also got the backboiler removed and all its workings disabled. I've now just a big empty concrete block hole!

I've got a solid fuel cast iron insert with wodden surround to replace it.

I bought it in woddies and they didn't have a clue when I asked them any questions about installing it. I really have no idea how to install it and what extras I might need. I read something about a fireback & fire cement.

Any advice / tips would be greatfully received

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

A photo of the situation maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

This Surround is identical to the one I got.

I will be setting it into the same place where the old one was. We removed absolutly everything from there so now its just got the original concrete blocks

Similar.jpg

Advertisement