Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrent downloads.

Options
  • 28-05-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know why when downloading using Utorrent, Bitcomet or any other p2p software your only ever connected to a small amount of the available seeders and leechers.

Does the above p2p software app use UDP? What are Adv/Disad?

I have port 30000 set as my TCP listening port? I have ports 30000 to 30500 open on my Zyxel modem and ports 30000 to 30005 allowed access through Windows XP firewall.

Thanks.

EireEV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

There is a configuration option in some / all of those programs that tells sets how many connections you can have per torrent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

And for a lot of routers if you allow connections > 250 (roughly) then your internet connection will suffer because you're exceeding what your router can handle. I.e. you have 250 connections open but you can't open any more so surfing will be dog slow and you might not be getting the full download speed in your torrent.

Advertisement