Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoom Whitening

• 28-05-2007 11:57am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of having this done, I've found a place in Dublin that does it for €600 and I'm wondering if anyone else has had it done, was it worth the money, did it hurt, does it last long etc... Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 SedationDentist

Zoom whitening - as a profession we can now categorically say that there is NO evidence that the blue light (or ANY of the blue light systems of which ZOOM is only one) has ANY whitening effect at all. It looks good and makes you feel better for shelling out €600.
    So what about the active ingredient hydrogen peroxide? Using it in surgery for one hour with or without the light has a pretty limited effectiveness really - this technique tends to dry out the teeth which (harmlessly) gives the appearance of being whiter, but the effect fades quickly. It's also pretty uncomfortable.
    So there's no doubt in my mind the best value and most effective system is to wear custom made trays containing 10% carbamide peroxide at night time (they must be custom made and a VERY good fit to work well). You'll probably need to wear them for about two weeks, and then once every 2 months to maintain whiteness. You'll get the most predictable, longest lasting results and it won't cost you too much.

Advertisement