Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Observers

Options
  • 28-05-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where you can register to be a potential independent observer at foreign elections (e.g. places like Ukraine). I know it's only a long shot that you're actually chosen, but I'd like to be in with a chance. I think it's organised by the Department of Foreign Affairs, but I can't find anything about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

cailinoBAC wrote:
    Does anybody know where you can register to be a potential independent observer at foreign elections (e.g. places like Ukraine). I know it's only a long shot that you're actually chosen, but I'd like to be in with a chance. I think it's organised by the Department of Foreign Affairs, but I can't find anything about it.

I would hazard a guess and say that you would need to be in the diplomatic core, maybe working at an embassy in the country where the elections are being held.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

UN Volunteers provide electoral assistance in some countries, this is usually logistical and best practice in nature.

Independent Observers are generally qualified experts appointed by a selection of countries, to try and provide a balanced viewpoint.

Check out http://www.unv.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The OSCE also do work of this kind, especially in Easern Europe.

Advertisement