Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrant entrepeneurs

Options
  • 28-05-2007 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing research on non-national entrepeneurs who have set up technology businesses or online businesses in Ireland. Does anybody know of any?

Cheers,

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Do internet cafes count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

In short, non-EU/EEA citizens will require business permission before starting up from Department of Justice. There are other few strict conditions which you can do some search on their website www.justice.ie and www.inis.gov.ie.

Sorry I am too lazy to give you the direct link to the business permission leaflet.

Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 magz2006

What kind of research r u doing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Pereira, a Sri Lankan guy in one of the mobile applications companies, Valista. Samir Nadji who founded Horizon Open Systems. GSM Exchange, based out at ucd. I'm sure there are a couple more, that's what comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

oops.. i didn't read the question right... sorry for giving wrong answers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Hi,

I'm doing research on non-national entrepeneurs who have set up technology businesses or online businesses in Ireland. Does anybody know of any?

Cheers,

M.

I presume you mean legitimate businesses. There are lots of ATM and CC/Laser card skimming businesses around run by non-nationals, whether you regard them as entrepeneurs and technology businesses, your call.

Advertisement