Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dogs' nocturnal activities?

Options
  • 28-05-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I have two lovely dogs, we have bout 1/2 acre fenced in, but one is somehow managing to jump a 6 foot fence (she's a sheepdog cross mongrel and we're kind of impressed with the agility?!?)

Anyway, they mostly stay around the garden except the female mongrel. It used to be my grandad's house and wasn't fenced and she used to get out and about the area, until we decided to enclose the garden.

Now she very sneakily goes through the motions of bedtime, lights out, dogs lie down in their bed. Once we are all tucked up, lights off, we hear the dog flap go...

Then the front security light comes on, we look out the window and a retriever and a collie outside, apparently come to pick her up?! We know what's going on now so we've started closing the flap and she whines a bit and goes to bed?

Is my neutered dog the local prostitute? I can't get my head round the fact it only happens after light's out and the two (sometimes three) dogs come get her? I remember that ad on tv with the dogs meeting up to chase sheep (no sheep around here though) and it worries me.

Bizarre??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Thats hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

When I was young we had a black cat that would cross the road, and go under the back gate of the house over the road, and appear a few minutes later with their black cat. Off they'd go down the street, and into the next street, and do exactly the same with another house where they had a black cat too. Then they'd stroll around, all 3 of them, as if they were in some kind of secret little 'black cat' gang! Very strange, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thats so funny... and cute... and weird.. Maybe they are the local joyriders??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

You should follow them one night and see what they get up to (not in a perverted way)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm sure a "dogging" joke is too obvious here :D

OP, what does your other dog do? Do they just sleep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I would imagine that they indeed go off on hunting trips together.
    Even without sheep in the vicinity that's not desirable behaviour.

Good that you put a stop to it

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

humanji wrote:
    I'm sure a "dogging" joke is too obvious here :D

OP, what does your other dog do? Do they just sleep?

my other dog could not be arsed jumping over a fence, he gets cranky from 11pm onwards and goes to bed.

It's just so weird, it's like having a teenage daughter, I mean I don't even know where these other dogs are coming from...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

Theres an episode of Malcom in Middle where Reece joins a pack of dogs and they come looking for him at nite to go out and cause havoc in the neighbourhood!!

Good that you stopped it, apart from hunting they prob go about pooing everywhere and knocking over bins, generally making a nusince of themselves. Young wans these days! It does sound like your doggie is the local bike, have you checked theres no suspenders missing from the underwear drawer :D

Advertisement