Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

7 Seaters.... What are the options

Options
  • 28-05-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

We are thinking when we change the family car in the next few months we will try and get something with 7 seats. As the people carrier thing is fairly new to me, I really don't have a clue what is out there.

In trying to get something that I might remotely like. I would probably like to get some kind of a jeep. But all the regualar soft roaders that I have looked at were only 5 seats. The Rav 4, The X Trail, the Grand Vitara.

The extra 2 seats don't have to be anything great as it would be very rarely they would be used. My sister just got a Zafira and they have a handy pair of extra seats in the back that you can fold out when you need them. I would like that kind of a set up, but possibly in a nicer car \ jeep.

I appreciate any ideas / opinions anyone has.... good bad or indifferent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd favour the Zafira because of it's versatility. It's very handy that the rear most seats fold flat - unlike the Peugeot 307 Skywagon and the Ford Galaxy/VW Sharan/Seat Alhambra where you have to remove the rear seats from the car to get a flat loading space. The VW Touran has flat folding seats, but the middle seats fold akwardly. The middle row in the Zafira folds up and slides forward leaving it with a load space of a small van.

No matter which one you go for you will have little or no load space with all 7 seats in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

the latest model hyundai sante fe springs to mind, something like this,

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=676932

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The new Ford S-Max has 7 seats and has car like styling and handling being based on the new Mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

A disco has seven seats, and that's as much jeep as you'd need.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso has 7 seats and as 7 seaters go its pretty good. Not a jeep though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Thanks for the replies

I'm looking at spending around 25 to 30k on a 1 or 2 year old vehicle.

The disco is out of my price range. I could get a "last of the old model" 7 seater 2004 for my budget alright, but I'd be afraid the value of that would go through the floor in a year or two.

The new Santa Fe..... They are just coming in that bit too expensive... Did teh old model (pre 06) have 7 seats ?

Does the Tucson have 7 seats....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i'm doing the same search at the moment, and the others not on this list are toyota avensis and corolla versos, and the renault megane grand scenic- none jeep type though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I've been watching the prices of Defenders, and to a lesser extent, discos for about a year, and they really don;t depreciate that much unless you've rightly b0lloxed it. THey're a safe purchase imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There would also be the Suzuki Grand Vitara XL 7

For example:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=695961

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 4istic

I would go for a ToyotaCorolla Verso. There is plenty of space in the 3rd, 4th and 5th seat, while that of the 6th and 7th is adquate. The versatility is the best in it;s class as we test drove the opel and renualt. Also the style and quality of the verso is second to none and leaves all the others for death. It also look nice on the outside. Visit www.toyota.ie and search their listing of used cars. I see they have quiet a few 2005 and 2006 listed for sales at 26k. Best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yup must reccomend the toyota corrola verso, and if I have it right I think theyve stopped making the avensis verso, the corrola verso looks quite alright aswell which is rare for a people carrier as Im sure youll agree, people carriers arent the best looking, its pretty nice to drive too, I dont think you can get lower than a 1.6L though, but if you dont mind that then its a very nice car, I prefer it to the zafira and scenic, we had a scenic and we had loads of trouble with it just a word of warning, I believe thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BnA wrote:
    Thanks for the replies

I'm looking at spending around 25 to 30k on a 1 or 2 year old vehicle.

The disco is out of my price range. I could get a "last of the old model" 7 seater 2004 for my budget alright, but I'd be afraid the value of that would go through the floor in a year or two.

The new Santa Fe..... They are just coming in that bit too expensive... Did teh old model (pre 06) have 7 seats ?

Does the Tucson have 7 seats....?

The Tucson is a 5 seater.

Did you look at the Suzuki Grand Vitara XL? It has 7 seats.
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=690445
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=698104

Advertisement