Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediasat Vs Skydsl

Options
  • 28-05-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey
    At the moment im using skydsl but there packages are hopeless. I had skydsl a few yrs ago at a different address and found them to be much better but as i said there current packages are just no good and with only 3 or 4 to choose from theres not a lot of choise.
    I contacted mediasat today and have just to fax back the application form for one way satellite which i will install myself as 199 is a little on the expensive side and will go for this package http://www.b-dsl.net/proddetail.php?prod=1024
    Can any one tell me if they are any good and what kind of speeds to expect and are they broadcasting from 28.5 or there abouts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's not likely to ultimately be much different to Skydsl unless you go for a 2 way package.

Their 2 way packages seem expensive €249?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I wouldn't go with mediasat. That's who Eircom use for their satellite connections and they're not the best. They might have changed, but the equipment was quite bulky, especially the power supply.

It was a nightmare to support as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I had both until we got broadband.
    Mediasat is slower and dearer.
    But it has the advantage of being external to the pc rather than requiring special software, so you can hook it up to a wireless router.

Advertisement