Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncy Castle Business

Options
  • 28-05-2007 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering is there anyone out there that owns a bouncy castle and rents it out?

I was just looking into a few ventures on how to supplement my income. I'm looking for something I can do weekends or outside my 9-5 job.

I though of buying a bouncy castle and renting it out for parties etc.

The only down side to a bouncy castle is the insurance and the hassle if someone hurts themselves on it.

What do you think of the bouncy castle idea, I think I could generate between 3-5 K a year before costs. Is it worth the hassle, are there other similar ventures I should consider??

Cheers

B2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'd personally not bother for €3-5k a year tbh. In fairness the easiest way to "supplement your income" is to take on a 2nd job, that way you dont have to source your own work and the everyday running of things is someone else's worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Littlepete

You gotta ask your self is this really a business or a job, unless your going to rent out 10+ bouncing castles and have a employee to deliver them, in my opinion your buying yourself a second job.

The main issue with the bouncing castle business is that on a wet day their fairly useless so its a seasonal business. And for 3-5 k have you factored in that you'll have to drive your transit van (did i mention buy a transit van) around every saturday and sunday afternoon to make it worth your while? Also if your not available to take the bookings... or complete them 9-5 mon - fri, is their enough customers etc to make it feasable?

There is potential, but in my opinion for someone in your circumstance, theres far easier ways to make money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

Hi Guys

I have to admit I kinda agree with both of you. I'm not really interested in going into a full business with bouncy castles.

So what are the easier ways of making money?

Thanks

B2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You should read McWilliams' 'The Pope's Children' to get a detailed insight into the murky world of the bouncy castle business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Beta2 wrote:

So what are the easier ways of making money?
    www.jobs.ie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 jjoncik

If you want to make money, you have to start somewhere. Newer try, newer know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thread closed, it’s 14 years-old!

The Gloomster!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement