Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What next ?

• 28-05-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering if someone could reccomend me my next xbox game. Going into town today to get one and have no idea what to get.

Have:

GRAW
    Guitar Heroes 2
    Gears of War
    Pro Evo 6
    Virtua Tennis
    Saints Row
    Fight Night Round 2
    PGR 3
    Condemed
    Perfect Dark
    Dead Rising

Was thinking about Burnout Revenge. Any other ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thats a tough one Tusky. I'd narrow it down to Guitar Hero 2 (for the sheer brilliance of the controller), Saints Row and Fight Night Round 3.

Have you played Rainbow Six Vegas yet??? If not, this should be top of your list as it is one of the best games out for the 360 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Tusky wrote:
    Wondering if someone could reccomend me my next xbox game. Going into town today to get one and have no idea what to get.

Have:

GRAW
    Guitar Heroes 2
    Gears of War
    Pro Evo 6
    Virtua Tennis
    Saints Row
    Fight Night Round 2
    PGR 3
    Condemed
    Perfect Dark
    Dead Rising

Was thinking about Burnout Revenge. Any other ideas ?

Whats Dead Rising Like. Was thinking of getting it now thats its Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DarkJager wrote:
    Thats a tough one Tusky. I'd narrow it down to Guitar Hero 2 (for the sheer brilliance of the controller), Saints Row and Fight Night Round 3.

Have you played Rainbow Six Vegas yet??? If not, this should be top of your list as it is one of the best games out for the 360 at the moment.
    why are you recommending he buys games he already has?:p :D

Rainbow 6: Vegas. Definately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No Oblivion yet? Best value for money on 360. 60 hours in and still tonnes to do. Should be able to get it cheaply too.
    Uuuh Patsy: Dead Rising does the job. Some extremely weird design choices in there (the timed game structure is bizarre and often annoying) but there are few other games which allow you to use a lawnmower against zombies with such great effect. In classic Id say its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

get fear, it has the best on-line gaming by far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

A few friends seem to think Crackdown is the dogs. Also have the added benefit of the Halo 3 beta - really enjoying it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Oops. Have Crackdown & have Oblivion on the pc. Im not mad about FPS on consoles so Rainbow 6 is out. I know im not making this easy!

dead rising is the shiznit or go for a launch classic. Condemened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Dublin1983 wrote:
    dead rising is the shiznit or go for a launch classic. Condemened.

Not trying to show my age (30+) but whatnthe hell does Shiznit mean.

Tusky wrote:

Have:

GRAW
    Guitar Heroes 2
    Gears of War
    Pro Evo 6
    Virtua Tennis
    Saints Row
    Fight Night Round 2
    PGR 3
    Condemed
    Perfect Dark
    Dead Rising

HA HA I JUST TWIGGED THERE THE GAMES U HAVE. DOING

• Advertisement

Okay so no FPS games, but I think you'd enjoy Oblivion as Johnny Ultimate said. Such a huge amount of stuff to do and it never gets boring....ever!!!

Tusky wrote:

Have:

GRAW
    Guitar Heroes 2
    Gears of War
    Pro Evo 6
    Virtua Tennis
    Saints Row
    Fight Night Round 2
    PGR 3
    Condemed
    Perfect Dark
    Dead Rising

HA HA I JUST TWIGGED THERE THE GAMES U HAVE. DOING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Forza 2

Uuuh Patsy wrote:
    Not trying to show my age (30+) but whatnthe hell does Shiznit mean.

EH,,,,,,,EH,,,,, the shiznit is just a word word i adapted from listem ta too many african/american rap albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Marvel UA, really enjoying this at the mo

Iron man, Iron man does what ever an Iron can.....wait a minute :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Madden FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Viva Pinata

Looks really kiddy but theres a pretty deep game in there

Vegeta wrote:
    Marvel UA, really enjoying this at the mo

Iron man, Iron man does what ever an Iron can.....wait a minute :p
    noob... the song is: I am Iron Man, du du du du du doooooooooo VOTE FOR ME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'd probably wait a week or two and get Forza 2.

The new Command & Conquer is supposed to be good.

get tetris- its only 30e. and vey mo fo addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Dublin1983 wrote:
    get tetris- its only 30e. and vey mo fo addictive.

mos-def, no doubt nigga.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If I was Tusky now, Id be cursing myself for starting such a thread ;)

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Viva Pinata

Looks really kiddy but theres a pretty deep game in there

Good call, love that game, should really go back and get the 1000 gamer points from that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Earth Defence Force 2017 or Viva Pinata :)

Can someone please explain the fascination with Forza 2? The way people are talking about it, you would swear Halo 3 was being released....

Can someone please explain the fascination with HALO 3? The way people are talking about it, you would swear FOZA 2 was being released....

DarkJager wrote:
    Can someone please explain the fascination with Forza 2? The way people are talking about it, you would swear Halo 3 was being released....

Decent driving sim where you get to pimp out your motor. It ticks all the boxes for a good driving game, no?

Dublin1983 wrote:
    Can someone please explain the fascination with HALO 3? The way people are talking about it, you would swear FOZA 2 was being released....

HALO 3 - Final part of one of the greatest video game trilogies ever made...

Forza 2 - Racing game with features that have been done to death in every single racing game released in the last 5 years...

DarkJager wrote:

Forza 2 - Racing game with features that have been done to death in every single racing game released in the last 5 years...
    except there hasn't been a decent racing sim, in which you could 'pimp' the car, on the 360.

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote:

One of the most over rated game trilogies of all time. Level design leaves a lot to be desired in both the original and 2. In fact have the special edition of Halo 2 and didn't bother even finishing it as it got so boring.

And what exactly is Halo 3 going to bring to the genre that Forza 2 wont bring to racing sims....not more shiny metal hallways and bunny hopping mutliplayer i hope

Advertisement