Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What next ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How about Table Tennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

koneko wrote:
    Earth Defence Force 2017 or Viva Pinata :)
    YES! Listen to her

EDF2017 if you like drinking and playing games with friends or VP if you want a world builder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Agree with Koneko. Viva Pinata is amazingly deep and addictive. I'm rubbish at it though. All my other pinata keep picking on my Raisants and getting their asses kicked by them. Stupid pinatas!

Earth Defence Force is a cheap budget game but it's probably the most fun you will get out of your 360 at the moment. Co-op is an absolute blast and the single player ain't half bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Stupid raisants and bees don't get along, so only keep one or the other, otherwise you'll just spend all your time smacking them. Same goes for some of the horsey-breeds, they don't get along. I ended up with a garden full of awesome animals that never fought at all (and no fences, mmmm). I loooooove the Roarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Dublin1983 wrote:

EH,,,,,,,EH,,,,, the shiznit is just a word word i adapted from listem ta too many african/american rap albums.

And what does it mean. Good or Bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's the sh!t, as in it's good.

Forza 2 will be the greatest driving game ever!!!

C&C3 is also a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Kenny 5 wrote:
    It's the sh!t, as in it's good.

Forza 2 will be the greatest driving game ever!!!

C&C3 is also a good game.

God in my day Sh!t meant Sh!t. Whats the world coming to. Going back to my rocking chair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Yep, pick up Pinata. I really enjoyed that one. Also thought Double Agent was pretty good especially over Live.

Don't know what your XBox collection is like but there are is always a great back catalogue there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Viva Pinata!
    Its one of those games where when you are not playing it, it looks boring and doesn't really pull you in, but once you turn it on, hours will pass without you noticing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Is shadow run supposed to be any good? Isnt that out in a few days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Lego star wars 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

gun

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

c&c 3... nuff said! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

koneko wrote:
    Stupid raisants and bees don't get along, so only keep one or the other, otherwise you'll just spend all your time smacking them. Same goes for some of the horsey-breeds, they don't get along. I ended up with a garden full of awesome animals that never fought at all (and no fences, mmmm). I loooooove the Roarios.

Thats my problem. I have the Raisants fenced in but the stupid Bees keep flying in for a fight and get their asses kicked. And don't get me started on the Newt things and lickatoads. At least I'm not trying to breed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Dublin1983 wrote:
    gun

I really liked Gun... Would be a good choice if your looking for a fun game although I assume it is just a port of the xbox version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Get splinter cell double agent *waits to be smacked*

Its actually a very good game when u get used to the controls and get into it.
    And considering u can pick it up 2nd hand for about 25 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another vote for Viva Pinata
    shame that I'm so crap at it, the 2 cutesy pinatas that Koneko kindly sent me left my garden after a few minutes:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Uuuh Patsy wrote:
    God in my day Sh!t meant Sh!t. Whats the world coming to. Going back to my rocking chair
    If something is shit, then it's shit. But if it's the shit, then it's great ;)

You foooool! One of them was a pirate and everything!
    This site is useful if you want to find out how to get/keep/breed certain pinatas:
    http://pinataisland.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Aye, Captain Cutiepants is sorely missed:(

• Advertisement

I think I have a few more, and some spare Roarios (lions), when you're a bit higher level let me know and I'll pop a few in a crate. Think I have some monkeys in a spare garden too.

That reminds me, you can create several gardens. I used a spare garden to make money (growing chillis).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

koneko wrote:
    I think I have a few more, and some spare Roarios (lions), when you're a bit higher level let me know and I'll pop a few in a crate. Think I have some monkeys in a spare garden too.

That reminds me, you can create several gardens. I used a spare garden to make money (growing chillis).

Damn this game sounds beautifully odd.
    Urge to buy rising...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Damn this game sounds beautifully odd.
    Urge to buy rising...

I found playing Viva Pinata really hectic and annoying. Like looking after a room full of hyperactive screaming toddlers.

That said i know a few people who rave about it.

Its available on play asia for cheap.

I found playing Viva Pinata really hectic and annoying. Like looking after a room full of hyperactive screaming toddlers.

That said i know a few people who rave about it.

Its available on play asia for cheap.

For a game thats supposedly a kids game it's very difficult since there are is always several things going on at the same time that need to be sorted. It's also hard to get things calm enough to save your game because when you think everything is sorted and you can save your game knowing that you won't forget to do something next time you load two pinata's start having a big scrap or those evil pinata's start acting the arse in your garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Viva Pinata is full of awesome. Just don't start it up if you need to do something in an hour or so, addictive. Just one more mate, nah, hold on, let's just try to attract X pinata, one second, that feckin gardener let my pigs loose again and they all over the place...etc...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Once you get the hang of it and level up a bit its gets alot less hectic.
    You can but ornaments that keep the baddies out and I just concentrate on a breeding a few species at a time (usually two) selling any pinatas that you don't need for your current goal (or posting them to yourself if you think you'll need them soon and they are hard to get).
    You can make an insane amount of money doing this as well by selling all of that pinata when you are finished breeding them.

koneko wrote:

thanks, i'll keep that in mind:)
    I'd heard about that chilli trick but didn't think to set up a seperate garden for it. must give that a go tomorrow...

Viva Pinata isn't region free btw, so you'll have to fork out on a PAL copy if anybody is considering buying... (might as well keep the thread slightly on topic:p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Army of two is coming out in June?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone tell me this is true

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/825/825894.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I really disliked Pinata, but then again, I really disliked Theme park World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, Q4 2007

Advertisement