Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom vs Derby - Championship Playoff final, KO 3pm

• 28-05-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Well, who'll win the £60 million pound prize? Bookies have West Brom as favourites, I'd have to go for them as well. Although Billy Davies is due some luck in the playoffs.

Who's your money on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

60M thats pressure!
    My money on west brom as well i think philips will be the different in blinding form at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Derby: Bywater, Mears, Leacock, Moore, McEveley, Fagan, Oakley, Seth Johnson, Pearson, Howard, Peschisolido.
    Subs: Camp, Edworthy, Jones, Macken, Barnes.

West Brom: Kiely, McShane, Perry, Sodje, Robinson, Koumas, Greening, Gera, Koren, Kamara, Phillips. Subs:
    Daniels, Clement, Ellington, Chaplow, Carter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

My money is also on West Brom. They have a much better squad and I would say they are better prepared for the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I put a few quid on Derby. Decent odds and a solid team. Some good early chances for both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

West Brom have a great defence on paper, but they always conceed, Derby might sneak it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Disappointed to see that Jones didn't start, I guess he wanted more steel in midfield with Johnson.
    Happy to see that either McShane or Jones will get promoted today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

tight enough, but Brom having more joy through Koumas mainly. Phillips shaved the crossbar which was about the best chance so far. Derby lumping it forward a bit too much, just handing brom possession back.

the number of empty seats though tis atrocious for an affair like this, whole sections empty, ****ty to see. weren't the clubs looking for extra tickets? is that just because of the "club Wembley" crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fairly even first half, but West Brom finished the stronger. Phillips almost finished off a great move, hit the crossbar.

Wouldn't be surprised to seet his one go all the way to penos.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

its generally the underdog who goes up in the playoff final though, so if thats the case derby should win!!!!

just showed replay of WBA peno claim , Great tackle , Ref/linesman got it right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is it 0-0?

yes 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's 1-0 Derby. Poor game. McShane asleep for Derby's goal.

Peski and Philips missed the best first half chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

an idea of how the game is going from bbc minute by minute:

1632: One of those snazzy graphics comes up on screen. Derby have had "0%" of the play in their attacking third over the last five minutes. It could be a long last 15 minutes if they are to win this in the 90.

ellington has been brought on for mcshane to make a 3 man forward line.good to see a manager at least acknowledge they need to go for broke now instead of the last ten minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

West Brom would easily have the best central defence in the championship if they played McShane in the centre. He's not a right back at all. Him and Davies could have a great partnership.

Come on Derby :)

2 minutes of added time left of the 4. Pressure by WBA, couple of free kicks in dangerous areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

congrats to Derby. Think West Brom would be more suited to the prem but we'll see how Derby get on now.

Woo :)

I think Derby will do well. They play decent enough football, a good enough mix for them to get away from fear football and have a chance of staying up.

Big season next year for Jones and Barnes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Why are they wearing those gammy coca cola tshirts when getting th trophy?! Maybe its just me but I would want my jersey on show especially for photos and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Why are they wearing those gammy coca cola tshirts when getting th trophy?! Maybe its just me but I would want my jersey on show especially for photos and stuff.

coke probably insist.

delighted for Derby, they really worked their socks off all over the pitch. Bywater's completely gone nuts. Brom played better overall, but they just really failed to take their chances, and they had some good ones.

as said before dunno why Brom play McShane in RB, he really is at his best in the centre, he looked pretty weak at times today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If Derby can hang onto their better players and build a bit i could see them doing ok next year. Congrats to them anyway! Feel sorry for West Brom though, have a very good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Excellent, another Park for me to visit next year...

St James'
    Ewood
    Goodison
    Villa
    Upton
    Fratton
    and now Pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glad the see Derby go up, Brom would be just too much.

Mike.

Glad I'm not a betting man!

Fair play to Derby, definately have been the 3rd best team this season. If West Brom hold onto the majority of their squad I think they'll push for automatic next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I met a friend of mine last nigh who had a little wager on the match.
    He must have had a premonition or crystal ball.
    He placed one sole bet .
    €20 on Pearson to score the only goal of the game and derby to win 1-0.
    Odds of 110-1.:eek: :eek:
    Unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Probably a Celtic fan backing Pearson for the craic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Billy Davies must be pushing Keano for championship manager of the season having lead an under funded Derby to promotion he deserves a huge amount of credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

eirebhoy wrote:
    Probably a Celtic fan backing Pearson for the craic?
    Nope he doesnt support Celtic.
    He used to support Liverpool but is being converted to Derby by his brother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Chuffed for Billy Davies. He put the ghosts of his previous two failures behind him and finally got there.

Congrats Derby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,337 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Billy Davies has one of those faces that needs a slap

Imagine, an SPL reject winning Derby £60m!!!

Advertisement