Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French predictions

Options
  • 28-05-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

i know it's really hard to predict what's gonna come up for the written topics, but my teacher's guessing the environment, young people and politics, and technology (internet, bebo etc.) what do u guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

elections definately considered! There was elections in France and in Ireland, so have that prepared. The environment is also tipped, it hasn't come up in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Internet, environment, politics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Riots in france maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Nicolas Sarkozy on being an utter nonce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Im just hoping for nice comprehensions.Also elections would be great as I have that prepared and have an interest in politics aswell. Bet most students would hate it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Dont want to go off topic but im stuck :( .. i got 40 per cent , a D3 in the Pre without knowing anything before hand , I dont know to stay in honours or go to pass??? what do ye think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

We're putting a lot of emphasis on technology seeing that it is a huge part of today's world. It's not too difficult to write on either. I just go on about the internet, computers and downloading.
    Dont want to go off topic but im stuck .. i got 40 per cent , a D3 in the Pre without knowing anything before hand , I dont know to stay in honours or go to pass??? what do ye think

without knowing anything before hand

It all depends on what you know now. The fact that you didn't fail without knowing anything shows you have potential. If you've put the work in...you might be able to do honours. I think you know yourself whether you're confident about your level of French or not. Definately speak with your teacher though, she/he should have a fair idea. Plus, how did the orals go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I got 60% in my Mock but i am in serious do-do.

The paper was rather easy and i basically got all my marks on the comperhensions.

I'm hitting some serious study tackling the usual topics.

I personally think that some will definitely come up on the Environment and possibly Elections and as some have mentioned the Internet.

My main tip would be Global Warming/Pollution though.

I am still going over the Drugs/Alcohol/Sans-abris stuff as some in the 30 mark questions will likely involve that sort of vocab. lets just hope the comprehension and listening are very nice. I am totally screwed for the Listening as are all my class!! I just laugh when i listen to past listenings! All i hear is blah blah blah bla blah je me blah

orals went ok ??? he/she said i have seen people fail badly in mock and get there honour is the real exam ( me feeling great at that point) then she says i hav seen people getting honours in the mock and failing the real thing ( oh tanks alot , tat really helped me ya ejet)

so i mite just take the chance BUT if i fail no college for me

it's a lot to put on the line for the sake of doing honours. Plus, if you're worrying about honours would it not be better points-wise to do ordinary and get an A or a B and more points? Don't take my opinion though for anything but an opinion.
    he/she said i have seen people fail badly in mock and get there honour is the real exam ( me feeling great at that point) then she says i hav seen people getting honours in the mock and failing the real thing ( oh tanks alot , tat really helped me ya ejet)

He/she should really go through your latest work with you to see where you at. That's a pretty unhelpful thing to say to a student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

orals went ok ??? he/she said i have seen people fail badly in mock and get there honour is the real exam ( me feeling great at that point) then she says i hav seen people getting honours in the mock and failing the real thing ( oh tanks alot , tat really helped me ya ejet)

It's very hard to actually fail french, but would you be happy with a D3/D2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Anyway, going back on topic, I'd say Global warming ("Rehcauffement de le terre") could be a possibility. Defo the elections. It came up in 2001 I thiink so its a possibility....

It's very hard to actually fail french, but would you be happy with a D3/D2?

oh yeah defo!!! i be delighted with something like that.

teacher said my work has improved since mocks!! tape im ****ting about got 25/120

FYI: Elections Wont Come up as the stuff is based on topics teens should be familiar with eg. drugs,enviornment . they dont expect people 2 no about politics.

PS> NOT BEING RUDE ONLY PASSING WHAT I WAS TOLD , HOPE THIS HELPS

Rehcauffement de le terre

Réchauffement du terre?

Advertisement