Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of date food

Options
  • 28-05-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

There are a couple of garages I stop into going to and from work and I usually pick up some food.
    I always check the 'best before' dates and notice a good few times there was out-of-date food on the shelves. I told the guy working there but it keeps happening...:confused:
    Should I report it to someone or just let it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Make a complaint to the HSA. I made a complaint before and to their credit they sent someone out. Only problem is you have to give your name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

One thing is that they you didn't buy the out of date food, you won't buy the food again and thats business gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is it actually illegal to sell food that is gone past its "best before", I know plenty of off licences do, and "pound shops",

"best before" means just that, it is at its best before that date. "use by" is a different story, I imagine it could well be illegal to sell stuff after its "use by".

e.g. tins of beans might have a best before 4 years away, it doesnt become toxic at the stroke of midnight in 4 years time. These dates are based on worst case scenarios, stuff in hot windows of shops for months.

Advertisement