Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keane signs up for 5 years

Options
  • 28-05-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

From the official site:

Robbie Keane has put pen to paper on a new five-year contract, committing his future to the Club until 2012.

The hugely popular striker recorded a career-best 22 goals last season, bringing his total in a Spurs shirt to 84 since joining from Leeds United in August 2002. The Republic of Ireland captain and all-time leading goalscorer will celebrate his 27th birthday in July.

Robbie made his 200th appearance for the Club in the final game of the season against Manchester City at the Lane.

“I have felt really settled and happy at Spurs and that is probably one of the reasons I have played the best football of my career here,” said Robbie.

“It is an exciting time to be at the Club and I am looking forward to even better seasons ahead.”

Daniel Levy, Chairman, commented: "Robbie has been an influential part of our Club for five years and this further commitment, on the part of both him and the Club, is a recognition of that. He is an individual who is loyal and professional and we are delighted he will be with us long term.

"The key to retaining top players, who want to compete for the Club at the highest level, is to agree long term contracts,” added Daniel. “We have now done so with several of our existing squad players, extending the contracts of players such as Aaron Lennon, Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone, as well as having contracted newer players on long contracts, such as Dimitar Berbatov and Didier Zokora."

Advertisement