Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood pellet Storage

Options
  • 28-05-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I have no place inside but loads outside for a pellet store.

There seems to be wildly varying prices for outdoor pellet stores with more expensive systems claiming that they prevent condensation.

Is condensation an issue?

What experience have others found.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Chimpster

towbar wrote:
    I have no place inside but loads outside for a pellet store.

There seems to be wildly varying prices for outdoor pellet stores with more expensive systems claiming that they prevent condensation.

Is condensation an issue?

What experience have others found.

Balcas are close to releasing an outdoor silo which will be reasonable priced and will hold 3.5 tonne. They have been testing this for a while so I assume all issues including condensation have been dealt with. Its basically a big plastic silo from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

Where is the Wood pellet boiler located, in the garage by any chance ? I have mine in the garage/shed and what we did was build a block wall about 6x4 feet up to the wall bracket. The feeder worm from the burner is slotted into this and using the base from the hopper we received with the boiler built up a slope to the sides. It takes up to 4 tonnes and not a lot of space. cost around 250 Euro:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cossie1

Hi Foleyart,

Do you have any problems with the Augar clogging?? If it did get clogged how would you get access to unblock it??

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

I thought there would have to be more seperation between boiler and pellet store in case of burn back.

It appears Balcas are still testing their pellet store and have had to make changes to the feed mechanism.

Advertisement